Sunday, February 28, 2021

iFit New York City Walking Tours Booklyn Heights Promenade Walk, New York City, New York - Jack Palitz

Today is Sunday and I did this walk on Friday. They released the last of the iFit Trainer Meet and Greet Challenge Twist workouts, but I saw that it had incline and I was in a no incline kind of mood so I started a new series of four walks through New York. I'm glad I picked this one because that last twist workout was pretty much hell. 

This was a fairly level walk through New York streets. There was one incline section, but it did not last long at all. This was a walking tour like you would get if you went to New York and signed up for a walking tour. It was just a guy walking the streets of New York while talking about the history of the area. No one talked a about form, no one tried to get me to let go of the bars (not that I was holding the bars), no one tried to make me move faster or anything like that. It was a straight up walking tour. It was so refreshing! I've done a few walking tour videos with iFit. I like the because they usually aren't too terribly difficult so the are nice for a rest day type of walk, but they also seem to help the time go by a lot faster since I'm not focused on intervals or breaking or RPE or form or any of that. This may have been one of my more favorite walking tour tour guides. 

He talked about the building of the Brooklyn Bridge. The design was finished by a women. I was a bit surprised by that. I was also surprised that the bridge was from the late 1800s. I thought it would have been newer than that. He also talked about an area that started off like Soho as an artist squatting area, but then some guy bought a bunch of the buildings for $4 a square foot and at the time of the filming of the walk (which I think was pre-COVID since no one had masks on in the streets) it was worth over $1800 per square foot. Crazy! 

Nothing hurt too terribly much in this walk and I was able to keep the pace without holding the bars. I don't have much more to say other than I did enjoy this and look forward to the rest of the series. This is the only series with this trainer. It sounds to me like he has a walking tour company and iFit just got him for this one series in New York. 

My Walk

No comments:

Post a Comment