Sunday, June 10, 2018

Review of Hanes Cool Comfort Ballerina Liners



I got an office job that requires business casual clothing. They don't require nylons though which is nice. I had nylons. I'm a big girl and finding big girl nylons is hard. Plus, they are just uncomfortable. For awhile, I was buying thigh highs and just rolling them a little so they were actually knee highs, but thigh highs are expensive and I was destroying too many of them. 

I decided to look into getting some shoe liners. I had one pair in my house already. I have no idea where they came from, but they work pretty well. They didn't slip off my feet too often so I thought I would buy more. Only problem is I can't figure out what brand I have. I bought some at Bi-mart. They were pretty cheap, but they slipped a lot.

In Bend, Oregon, we have a Rack Room outlet store. We tried to get some there, but the staff member walked away from the register as we approached it and then never returned, so we left without buying anything. A couple weeks later, we went to the Hanes outlet. I couldn't find these, but I knew they had to have them so I asked for help. The employee brought me to them and then rattled on for like five minutes. She wouldn't leave me alone to make a decision. I share this bit because of the irony of not being able to get help at one store and then not being able to have some alone time at the other store. 

Okay, so these were $14.00 for 6 pairs at the outlet. These are super tiny and thin things. I could get full sized socks for less. I almost didn't get them, but I really wasn't liking the ones I got at Bi-mart. My husband encouraged me to just take a chance and buy them. When I put them on, I was soooooooo excited! They were so comfortable. I loved them...........and then an hour into my shift and I decided that I hated them. They were worse than the ones from Bi-mart that cost less! These have the gel thing on the heel which is supposed to keep them in place. It does NOT work! 

I was not going to give up though. I was going to find a way to make these work. I thought maybe washing them would help. I suppose it did. Instead of just never staying up, they only slip like every 30 to 60 minutes now. I don't even have to walk anywhere for them to slip. Maybe the problem is that I'm not wearing them with ballet shoes. Maybe they would stay put with ballet shoes since those are nice and snug. There is some give in all of my shoes. 

On the plus side for these, they really are invisible in my shoes. The pair I had originally are great because they don't slip, but they can also be seen because they come up too far on my foot. The Hanes ones hide my toe cleavage (I stole that term from some review on Amazon for a different pair of these), but that's about it. 

I do not recommend these! I suppose the problem could possibly be my feet. I bought size 5 to 9 because that's what I wear for socks, but my actual shoe size is 11. I just buy smaller socks because I like them to be tight. I hate any give in socks. If there is any sort of extra fabric anywhere in my shoe, I'll end up with blisters on my feet. They aren't deep blisters. They are just these surface kind of things, but I hate it! I'm rambling now. Anyway, the socks look like they fit on my feet just fine and when I walk around my house before work with just the socks on, they seem to stay in place. They don't seem to slip until I have shoes on.

I'm trying to think of ways to make these things work. I might see if I can just tape the backs to the backs of my ankles. I paid $14.00 for them! I want to make them work! Maybe another cycle through the washer will help. I also need to get a laundry bag for them because finding them in the drier is such a pain! 

No comments:

Post a Comment