Sunday, January 24, 2016

Review of Beachbody 10 Minute Trainer Day 12: Cardio, Lower Body, Core Cardio



Day 12:

Day 12 was Cardio, Lower Body and Core Cardio. I like the Lower Body workout and it was sandwiched between Cardio and Core Cardio which helped break up the two cardio workouts. At some point, I'll have to count how many times these workouts were in the program. I don't want to do it now though because I don't want that to make me feel more annoyed by how many times these two are in the program. 

Cardio

At this point, I'm getting really good at calling the next move. I keep forgetting the last move which is the lunge position with the band under the front foot and then you go forward, backward, up and down. This one doesn't have the shoulder press in it like the Total Body workout though. I tried to do this one as intensely as I could. I really got my heart rate up. At the end of the 10 minutes, I was breathing pretty heavy and so ready for a break. That is one cool thing about the set up for the workouts. After 10 minutes, I get to take a nice break while the next workout loads up. If you want to see all of the moves, read my post from Day 1 of 10 Minute Trainer. I like that the moves are totally doable and you can make them more intense or less intense as you need to. I also really like that using the door attachment makes front lunges way less sucky! I still have to do a little bit of shuffle step to get my front foot back to my back foot, but it's not nearly as horrible as it used to be without the door attachment and the band. 

Lower Body

I like this workout. Most of it body weight exercises. We use the band towards the end to do a hip raise thing that I'm getting much better at. I was watching The Biggest Loser the other day and saw them doing Bridge position. The contestants got their hips up pretty high. I figured if they could do it, I could get mine up further than I've been getting them. I really worked at it on this one and I did pretty good with it. I felt it a lot more than I have in the past few times doing this workout. I love the 3 Way Jockey Squats! They are kind of fun and it's fun watching the chick doing them and then when Tony starts talking, I just have to laugh. I'm not sure what it is about him, but if I just watch the workouts, I find him highly annoying, but while I'm doing the workouts, I find him hilarious. If you want to see all the moves, check out my post from Day 4 of 10 Minute Trainer.

Core Cardio

Woot Woot! Back to Core Cardio.  This is a good workout and nothing is too difficult for me that I need to modify it, but it's just not all that fun for me. This one does the Crescent Press for a full minute alternating which leg goes forward instead of the Warrior Lunge thing in Cardio where you do one side for 30 seconds. I've mentioned this before, but stuff like changing legs after 30 seconds really does make it go faster for me. It's still a minute doing lunges, but it feels longer doing the alternating Crescent Press than the Warrior Lunges from Cardio. I'm getting better at calling the next move in this workout too. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this part before, but this workout has a lot of moves where we turn around during the moves. I'm a bit girl and I've got a belt around me that's attached to a wall. It's not easy for me to turn around within the belt because I have to keep the belt a bit snug since I've got a big belly. I always feel like the belt is going to fall off and it twists my shirt around while I'm turning around. I think that's a big reason why I'm not gaga for this workout. There's also a couple of moves that are just awkward. Both of them are ones where our arms are up in a 90 degree angle at our sides and we either rock left to right or twist left and right. I won't miss this workout once I'm done with this program and probably wouldn't do it on my own once I'm done. If you want to see all the moves, check out my post from Day 1 of 10 Minute Trainer.


Want to learn more? Watch the video!

If you want to learn more about the program, check out the video. If you decide you want to buy it, make sure you buy it from a Beachbody Coach so you get the free workout that comes with it. If you don't have a coach, you can get it from me. You can do the program for free if you sign up for the free trial of the Club Membership at Team Beachbody. With the trial, you get 30 days access to all of the workout programs in the Member Library of On Demand. 10 Minute Trainer is one of the programs and since it's a 4 week program, you can complete the program before the trial is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment