Saturday, January 16, 2016

Review of Beachbody 10 Minute Trainer Day 5: Core Cardio, Cardio, Abs



Day 5:

Day 5 of 10 Minute Trainer was Core Cardio, Cardio and Abs. None of these were new to me workouts. I wasn't really gaga about doing the Abs segment, but the rest aren't bad. There's nothing in the others that I dread doing. I don't like doing ab workouts though. I'm not good at them and I always feel really out of shape when I do them. I have to modify a lot and I just feel fat and uncoordinated when I do them. 

Core Cardio

There are only 8 workouts in the basic program for this. The free Tony's Fountain of Youth Yoga isn't on the On Demand program list. With the stackables calendar, you do three workouts every day. That means you are repeating the same workouts numerous times during the week. For example, Core Cardio is done four times in the first week. The calendar does have you do the workouts in a different order though which does help mix it up a little. On Day 1, it was the second segment. One Day 2, it was the third segment. On Day 3 it was the second segment again and on Day 5, it was the first segment. I don't know if it really matters if you do it in order or not, but I figured it's best to mix it up just so your body doesn't adjust. It's amazing what your body can adjust too. 

There's nothing in this workout that I dread doing and it's because the way he sets stuff up. This workout has burpees and I hate burpees, but this was the fourth time of me doing this workout and I gotta say that I didn't remember it having burpees. He calls them something different, but they are burpees. It's only for one minute, but we start out with modified burpees and then build into a full blown burpee, so I only did two or three full burpees! 

You can read about all of the moves in this segment on my post from Day 1 of 10 Minute Trainer

Cardio

This is another segment that I've done several times now. I did it for the first time on Day 1 of 10 Minute Trainer. You can read the play by play on my post from that day. There's nothing in this one that I dread, but I'm not in love with the Hop Squats and Run back at the end. It's way too similar to jumping. You can call it hopping, but you'er still jumping really. I bounce in all the wrong places when I jump. It's uncomfortable and it makes me feel fat and ugly. I hate it, but I do! I don't have much more to say about this segment.

Abs

Oh the joy of the ab workouts. I tried to modify less this time, but it didn't really go all that well. I wasn't able to stay up on my toes for the side planks. One day I'll get there! I forgot to include a link to my first post with this workout so you could see all the exercises. Check out Day 3 of 10 Minute Trainer when I did Abs for the first time. 

Polar M400 Screen Shot

 I'm pretty happy with that calorie burn. You might notice that it's called 10 Minute Trainer, but my three segments added up to 39 minutes. I had some issues during this workout where my resistance band came off the handle so I had to pause the workout. There is also a few seconds between moves where the timer will stop while we set up for the next move. There is also an intro for each workout so the music plays and then Tony talks so all of that adds up. Oh and then there's the cool down. I do my own cool down most days because not all of the workouts have a cool down tied to them. I wish they would fix that though. If you're not ready for the cool down, you could just back out of the workout and start the next one instead of letting the cool down play. I haven't seen a cool down by itself.





Want to learn more? Watch the video!

If you want to learn more about the program, check out the video. If you decide you want to buy it, make sure you buy it from a Beachbody Coach so you get the free workout that comes with it. If you don't have a coach, you can get it from me. You can do the program for free if you sign up for the free trial of the Club Membership at Team Beachbody. With the trial, you get 30 days access to all of the workout programs in the Member Library of On Demand. 10 Minute Trainer is one of the programs and since it's a 4 week program, you can complete the program before the trial is complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment