Saturday, January 16, 2016

Review of Beachbody 10 Minute Trainer Day 6: Lower Body, Cardio, Total Body



Day 6:

I really did not want to workout today. I wanted to lay in bed all day and do nothing, but I got up and I pushed play! After I was done, I was happy that I had done it. This format is starting to grow on me too. I've never been fond of doing multiple workouts in one day and this whole three segments in one day didn't seem like a great idea to me, but it breaks up the workout so it seems to go fast. Most of the Beachbody programs have a timer ticking down the entire workout and then a timer ticking down the move or segment you're on. This one has a timer with the time left in the workout and a bar that fills up as you do each move. The timer is only for that segment though, so it starts at 10 minutes even if it's my first segment of the day.I keep telling myself that I just have 6 moves left or 4 move left. Then I get a break when I switch to the new segment and I've got a new 10 minute timer. I tackle my 30 minute workout 10 minutes at a time. It works for me! 

Lower Body

This was my second time doing this one. I have to say that I didn't remember much of the first workout. I knew that it involved lunges and squats, but that's all I remembered. I like that there isn't anything I dread in any of these workouts other than pretty much the entire Abs program. You can check out my post about Day 4 of 10 Minute Trainer so you can see all of the different moves.  Some of the moves were hard, like the In and Out Hop Squats, but they were doable. I had to slow down and not go as deep as the person in the video, but I got through it!

Cardio

Woot woot, I got to do cardio again! I don't mine this workout though. I think the Lower Body section actually had me more out of breath than the Cardio workout. This one doesn't have anything horrible in it. I'm not a fan of the Hop Squat Run Backs at the end, but they're good for me. 

Total Body

This was my second time doing this one as well. It was almost like doing a new workout though. I didn't remember much from this one. You can read about the moves in my post about Day 2 of 10 Minute Trainer. I just realized that I put some wrong information in a post from yesterday or the day before! UGH! This was the workout with the Carlito's Pushups which are actually Burpees! Oopsy. There's still nothing I dread in this workout. We also had push ups in this one. I did the first few on my toes, but I didn't get down to the floor. I'm getting better at this push up thing, but I'm just not quite there yet. 

No more new workouts until Thursday next week when I do Total Body 2. That's the last one that I haven't done in the Basic Program. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to mix in the upgraded workouts into my first round or if I'll do them after I'm done with my first round. I have mixed emotions on it and could convince myself that either option is the best way to go. I think it would be good to do the basic program to see if I actually do get bored doing the same 8 workouts over and over again throughout the four weeks. I think it would be fine if the workouts weren't repeated in the same week similar to 21 Day Fix and 21 Day Fix Extreme. You get 9 workouts with the base program. Seven are 30 minute workouts that you do Monday through Sunday. Then you get a 10 minute ab workout and a 30 minute bonus workout that you can swap for a cardio workout during the week or do whenever you want. 10 Minute Trainer is different because you get 8 workouts (9 if you buy from a coach). The workouts are only 10 minutes though so you do the same workout multiple times in a week. We'll see how it goes.

Polar M400 Screen Shot

Here's the screen shot. Check out the calorie burn. 


Want to learn more? Watch the video!

If you want to learn more about the program, check out the video. If you decide you want to buy it, make sure you buy it from a Beachbody Coach so you get the free workout that comes with it. If you don't have a coach, you can get it from me. You can do the program for free if you sign up for the free trial of the Club Membership at Team Beachbody. With the trial, you get 30 days access to all of the workout programs in the Member Library of On Demand. 10 Minute Trainer is one of the programs and since it's a 4 week program, you can complete the program before the trial is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment