Saturday, January 16, 2016

Review of 10 Minute Trainer Day 3: Abs, Core Cardio, Cardio



Day 3:

Day 3 of 10 Minute Trainer had one new workout and two repeats. The new workout was Abs. I wasn't really sure what to expect. Some of these 10 minute ab workouts can be total torture and some of them are kind of useless. This one was pretty doable for me even though I had to modify a little bit.

Abs

This one had 20 moves and we did each move for 30 seconds instead of the one minute format. It was a good change since I don't think I could have done a lot of these for a full minute! This one had one Tony and one other person. She did the workout while he explained the moves and talked about modifications. 


Cross Crunch

We had our arms crossed over our chest and we crunched in with our upper body and lower body. The modification put the hands behind the head. I'm not sure why.

Bridge Crunch

Our feet were on the floor. Our hands were behind our heads. We did a crunch with our upper body and then did a bridge.

Iso Bike

We did the bicycle move, but we did them super slow so the leg was extended and the upper body held the twist for a couple seconds.

Speed Bike

This was doing bicycles faster than normal. I don't do well with bicycles! I did these kind of slow still.

Golden Gate

Our upper body was laying flat on the ground. Our legs were out straight. We spread them out wide and then brought them back together. After that, we brought our knees to our chests and then straightened them out again. My knees were a bit bent for most of it and they were pretty high off the floor. She had hers down lower because she's super fit.

Side Arm O Crunch

We did a side plank and then brought the top knee up to our hips as we brought the top elbow down to the knee. I'm not sure why it's called an O Crunch. I had to put my knee down. We did each side for 30 seconds so this move counted as 2 in the 20.

Hip Lift Kick

We were back in side plank, but this time on the elbow. We took the top leg and bent it to a 90 degree angle and then extended it out in front and then brought it back and then straightened it out. We did each side for 30 seconds. So this counted as two of the 20 moves too. I did this on my knee as well.

Plank O Crunch

We were in a push up position. We alternated pulling our knee up to the side at a 90 degree angle. Our upper body twisted towards the knee that was coming up. She modified at some point to be on her elbows. I didn't catch the reasoning behind the modification. This was challenging for me. I ended up on my knees.

3 Point Plank Crunch

We were back up in push up position. We brought a knee forward as far as we could go. Then we moved that knee to the opposite elbow and then straightened the leg back. I started out on my toes, but eventually dropped to my knees. This one was challenging. We did each side for 30 seconds. This one counted as two of the 20 moves.

Lolasana

We were in push up position. We stepped one foot forward and then brought the other knee forward without touching that foot down. I feel like I didn't do these correctly because I was able to do them without an issue. We alternated sides.

The Dawn

We went from Upward Dog to what I think was a modified Dolphin. It took me a bit to figure out what I was supposed to be doing so I don't think I did these right. 

Mountain Climbers

I am so not a fan of mountain climbers! I probably should have started out slow like she did. I took a few breaks in these. 

Superman Crunch

We were on our stomachs on the floor. We did a Superman and then rolled over and did a crunch.

Tick-Tock Lift

Back on our backs. We had our upper body on the floor. We put our legs up straight into the air. We did a pendulum swing moving our legs together to the right and then to the left. Then we went back to center and lifted our butts up off the floor. Well, she lifted her butt, but I don't know that I got any air under there.

Peek-a-Boo

We were still on our backs for this but we had our shoulders up off the floor. We put our legs up straight again. Then we opened our legs up and closed them. Holding your shoulders up makes it way harder! 

Scissor Crunch

We were on the floor still. We brought one leg straight up and had one leg straight out. We did a crunch and then switched the legs and crunched again. My legs were bent. 

Scissor Lift

We were on the floor still. We had our hands up over our heads. We brought one leg straight up as we crunched in with our upper body and brought our hands down past the leg that was up. I sucked at these, but I got through it. I did them slow and had horrible form. 

Core Cardio

This was the third day in a row doing this workout. I thought I would be bored with it after doing it three times, but I wasn't. I honestly didn't remember the moves. Apparently it's good to have a sucky memory. I got my heart rate up and had fun. I like using the belt and the door attachment. I really feel all of this stuff in my legs! Some of the moves are still weird for me, but they are doable. 

Cardio

This was the third day in a row for this one too, but it was okay. It's on the calendar twice more this week. We'll see how I feel on Saturday. I think I like this one better than Core Cardio, but neither one of them have anything that I dread doing. 



Polar M400 Screen Shots

I'm not sure what's going on with my heart rate monitor lately, but I'm not going to bother with the graph because it looks terrible. I'll just post the calorie burn screen shot for now. I'm contemplating getting some medical tape and taping the thing to me. Tightening the strap hasn't worked. It seems to be worse now.




Want to learn more? Watch the video!

If you want to learn more about the program, check out the video. If you decide you want to buy it, make sure you buy it from a Beachbody Coach so you get the free workout that comes with it. If you don't have a coach, you can get it from me. You can do the program for free if you sign up for the free trial of the Club Membership at Team Beachbody. With the trial, you get 30 days access to all of the workout programs in the Member Library of On Demand. 10 Minute Trainer is one of the programs and since it's a 4 week program, you can complete the program before the trial is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment