Monday, August 3, 2015

Review of Rockin' Body Day 15: Hip Hop



Day 15: Hip Hop

Today was Day 15 of Rockin' Body. Only two weeks left of this program and then I earn my T-shirt! Woot Woot! I love those T-shirts! Okay, so Day 15 was Hip Hop. I'm not sure if you remember, but Hip Hop didn't go so well for me the first time around. It's a 45 minute dance workout. The first time I did it, I only remembered having three routines to learn, but this time around, I remember like 6. The first time, I said the first routine was fine, the second was a train wreck and the third was fine. I think it's more like he first two were fine, the middle two were a train wreck and the last two were good. It's funny how memory works! 

Okay, so I was kind of dreading this workout because of the whole train wreck thing in the middle, but this time around, it went soooooooo much better! I was doing some of the steps wrong the first time around and I got really confused by other steps the first time around. I was able to figure out what I was doing in that middle section. The only down side was that I don't have a bit enough floor to do some of the moves correctly. There's a section where you take a few steps forward while you're angled sideways and then you turn and have the other leg forward and do a few more steps forward. Then you go towards the opposite wall with this walking squat kind of thing. I have to angle myself an go from corner to corner. I love having my workout bench, but it's kind of in the way for Rockin' Body. It's a good thing this workout isn't in the program many more times. Otherwise, I might have to redecorate my workout room. 

Okay so while looking ahead to find out workout I'm supposed to do tomorrow, I realized that I did the wrong workout today. Oopsy! Today was supposed to be Party Express and Rock It Out. It's just as well that I swapped them inadvertently because I don't think I could have done Rock It Out today. I'm pretty sore from the 5k run on Saturday and the 6.5 mile hike yesterday! 

Polar M400 Screen Shots

Check out that calorie burn! My heart must be getting super healthy though because my heart rate never got into the 4 range and it stayed in 2 longer than it stayed in 3. Hmmmmmmmm. 


No comments:

Post a Comment