Saturday, July 25, 2015

Beachbody Rockin' Body Day 8 Rock It Out



Day 8: Rockin' Body


Yesterday was Day 8 of Rockin' Body! Since I skipped my rest day for a workout, that put me on Rock It Out. It was my first time doing this one. I knew going into it that it wasn't a dancing workout, but I wasn't quite prepared for this one. It was crazy intense! This was a strength training workout, but with a bit of a groove to it. This workout used weights. I think Shaun T may have had 5 pounds weights. Some of the people in the video used 2 pounds and some used 1. One person didn't use any weights. We did squats, lunges, push ups, reverse flys, and a bunch of other stuff. There were some moves in this that I had never done before and I've done a lot of workout videos! I started off with 5 pound weights and quickly decided that was too much. I picked those because I saw him with them, but I hadn't noticed that the other people had smaller weights. After one move, I switched to my two pound weighted balls. After the push ups, I didn't pick the weights back up since it was just too much for me. 

As the day went on yesterday, I started to get sore! I felt it in my shoulders, my back, my triceps and a little in my inner thighs! I woke up this morning and it was more intense. It was a bit unexpected really. I did Body Beast! A little Rockin' Body shouldn't make me sore, but it really did. This thing was crazy intense. It's kind of weird though because my main muscles aren't really sore like my hamstrings, quads, glutes and biceps, but my inner thighs, parts of my triceps and lots of smaller muscles in my back are pretty sore. This is a perfect example of why you need to mix up your workouts. I'm pretty sure this workout hit some of my muscles in ways that even Body Beast didn't, so if I had just stuck with Body Beast over and over again, I might not have found these other bits of muscle.

Today, I get to do a new workout! It's supposed to be Shaun T's Dance Party, but since it's not on the On Demand list, I'll be doing either Rockin Abs Dance Party or Hard Body Dance Party. I haven't picked which one yet though. I'm also supposed to do Hard Core Abs too, but I'm not a huge fan of that one. I'll write again later to let you all know how today's workout went. Tomorrow is a hike day, so no Rockin' Body. 

OMG! I forgot to mention that Beachbody has a Roku channel now! I am so excited about Beachbody On Demand on Roku! I've been wanting this ever since I found out about Beachbody On Demand, but it was a little slow to come out. I just found out about it yesterday! It's amazing! No more hooking up my laptop to my TV so I can get my workout in! I also found out that Beachbody On Demand is going to have some exclusive content. I might have to keep my subscription going after my trial is over! 


Polar M400 

Here are my screen shots for the workout. I got a record for most calories burned! I burned 510 calories doing Rockin Body Rock It Out! I love seeing those big calorie burns! Reminds me of when I was doing Les Mills Combat. I'm pretty excited too because I actually lost weight this week! I hope to continue the trend. I've still got another 12 or so pounds to lose to get back to where I was before doing Body Beast. 


No comments:

Post a Comment