Sunday, June 14, 2015

Zen Labs C25K Couch to 5K Week 3 Day 3


Week 3 Day 3

This was the final day of week three and I was determined to make it all the way around the track in one of the 3 minute segments. It didn't happen on the first one though! When I started the second 3 minute segment, I moved a bit faster than I did on the first one because I was going to make it around! About halfway through the segment, I came to the conclusion that it wasn't going to happen. I ended up slowing up just a bit because my shins were killing me and I didn't think I was going to make it. About 3/4 of the way through the segment, I realized that I could actually make it! I picked up the pace a bit and convinced myself that I was going to do this! And then, my time ran out. I kept running though and made myself finish that stinking full lap around that track! My heart was racing so fast! I wanted to die after that segment! 

I'm pretty nervous about doing week four though. After doing Week 2, I was scared about running for three full minutes, but I knew that I could run for more than 90 seconds. After the three minute runs, I don't feel like I can keep going. I'm not sure if I can handle running for an extra two minutes! I'm going to try Week 4 though and see what happens. There are only two 5 minute running segments, but there is a total of 16 minutes of running, but week 3 only had 9 minutes of running. We'll see how this goes. If I can't get through the five minute segment, I'll walk for a few seconds and then get back to the running. If by the end of the week, I can't run for the full five minute segments, I'll repeat the week until I can get through them. 

The screen shots above are from BodyMedia and the Zen Labs C25K app. The screen shots below are from Motion X GPS and Polar Flow. I got a new toy! I have the Polar M400 activity tracker and heart rate monitor. I love love love it! I'm still working out the kinks though. We went on a hike today and I kept losing the heart rate. It hasn't happened while doing any of the runs though. 

I've learned something from having the heart rate monitor and I'm pretty stoked about it! My heart is getting healthier! Check out how fast my heart rate came down after I slowed my pace down. The heart rate and speed graphs are pretty spot on. My heart rate was only a little bit behind my speed. It was a little bit longer on the last run, but I pushed myself pretty hard on that one. I was about 94% of  my maximum heart rate. 

I stopped wearing the Jawbone UP3 and have decided to return it. I'll write more about that in a separate post. 





No comments:

Post a Comment