Saturday, June 20, 2015

Beachbody Body Beast Lucky 7s

Lucky 7s

This is the free workout that you get by buying Body Beast from a Beachbody coach. It's not a workout that's listed on the calendar and my friend didn't have the workout. I didn't get it until I bought Body Beast. I whined about Body Beast while I was doing it, but I still bought it. LOL. It's an awesome program. I just chose a bad time to do it. I was so close to so many milestones and then, it went to crap. Now that I'm done with Body Beast and I'm back on track with my nutrition, the weight I gained during Body Beast is starting to come off. I'm happy about that! More about that later though. I'm getting sidetracked from the point of this post.

This workout was much different than the others. It's a 22 minute total body workout with a unique format. I might incorporate this one into my weekly routine while I finish up C25K. I'm not sure yet though. I like the workout and would do it again for sure, but I have other things that I always want to try out too so this one might have to wait for a bit. 

There are seven different combos and each one is done in an upside down pyramid format. It's hard to explain and I didn't really get what he was saying until we got to doing it, but I'll try to give an example that makes sense. So once of the combos is a split position push up. You then come up and "clean" and then squat. So the pyramid part of this is that you start with one push up on each side (right hand forward/left hand back and then right hand back/left hand forward) and then you come up to do the clean and then squat. Then you go back down and do two push ups on each side then come up clean and squat twice. Then back down for three each side and three squats. You do that until you get to seven push ups each side and then come up and clean and squat seven times. 

I had never done anything like this workout before. I thought it was fun and interesting. I was slow  though and had to keep pausing the DVD. I think there was only one section where I wasn't slow! There was this weird move where you hold a barbell with a weight only on one end. The end without a weight is on the floor and the weighted end is up by your shoulders. You hold onto the bar and then move it with you as you move into a lunge towards one of the side walls and you hold it for one second. Then you go to the other side and hold it for one second. Then you go back to the other side and hold for two seconds. You get the drift I'm sure by now so I won't keep going. Anyway, that's the only thing I wasn't slow at! There was a little bit of a break between the moves, but it wasn't much! 

This was a nice short total body workout. I really enjoyed it. No need for a bench for this one. I definitely suggest getting Body Beast from a coach instead of another source that way you can get the free workout. If you don't have a couch, you can sign up under me to get your free DVD!

Polar M400 Screen Shot

I gave up my BodyMedia Device and now have a Polar M400 heart rate monitor and fitness tracker. It's amazing! This screen shot only has the heart rate line. Since I didn't go anywhere, there was no need to have the GPS on to track my speed and elevation. I love that his device lets you set up a ton of different sport profiles! 


Want to learn more? Watch the video!


No comments:

Post a Comment