Sunday, May 31, 2015

Zen Labs C25K Couch to 5K Week 1 Day 2


C25K Week 1 Day 2

My idea of doing one week of C25K while still doing Body Beast might not have been the best idea. It meant trying to cram two workouts into one day. There wasn't really a good day for this. I probably picked the worst possible day for it. I was smart enough to do my run in the morning and my leg day in the afternoon, but doing these two on the same day was probably a stupid idea. I woke up bright and early at 4:00 AM and geared up for the run. I wore a sweatshirt because it was pretty chilly out. I put my light on the visor of my hat, grabbed my phone and water bottle and headed out the door. I started the C25K app once I got to the street. I started the BodyMedia app right out the door. It was too dark to run on the sidewalk since I couldn't tell where the cracks and debris were. I decided to just walk to the school and then do the running on the track. It meant the workout was longer than the 30 minutes that it's supposed to be. It also meant that I had to pause the C25K app because it takes longer than 5 minutes to walk to the track. My shins hurt less doing it this way too, which made things better for me. Once I got to the track, I started my running intervals. I managed to screw something up on this trip just like the first trip, but this time it was different. I'm not sure what happened, but somehow I paused the app so I ended up running longer than I was supposed to for one of the intervals. Oops.

I got to use my new water bottle for this trip. I was pretty happy with it. It's got a strap for my hand so I don't really have to hold the water bottle! It's kinda just strapped to my hand. I'll write something up about the bottle at some point. It's a little tight for my big hand, but I got over it since the bottle is so uber awesome.

The first time I ran a few months ago, I had music playing on my phone, but I honestly never even heard it. I was just trying to breathe. When I ran on Saturday, I noticed the music was there, but I didn't really pay much attention to it. This time, I noticed the music and fast forwarded through the slow songs. I'll have to get a playlist going with just up beat songs so I don't have to deal with that. I think I'm getting better at this running thing if I'm able to focus on the music instead of my inability to breathe. I might be able to do a 5K after I'm done with this thing! I was really skeptical, but I'm optimistic now!


No comments:

Post a Comment