Sunday, January 25, 2015

My Mission to Accept Yogurt into my Life: Shakeology Pudding / Frosting


Shakeology Pudding / Frosting

This post should have been made several weeks ago, but I just never got a picture of it. When I started the 21 Day Fix, I had to rethink how I made my Shakeology. I really don't like Shakeology with water so that was just not going to happen. I didn't want to use a bunch of fruit and drink too many of my containers so I decided to throw some Shakology into some yogurt that wasn't runny. I used a red container's worth of my homemade yogurt and mixed in a scoop of Shakeology. Now this isn't easy to mix in. I had to use a rubber spatula and really work it in. The result was amazing. It was like pudding! I thought I had found a miracle. I was so excited about it. I couldn't wait to make a post about it. That was like a month ago. Ooopsy. 

I thought it couldn't get any better than that, but I was wrong. I took some of my homemade Greek yogurt and mixed in the Shakeology and the consistency was more like frosting. It was amazing. I ate it out of the jar with my rubber spatula. It made me feel like I was totally cheating on my diet. It was my morning pick me up. I looked forward to it! I'm still eating it for breakfast and still using my rubber spatula to eat it. It reminds me of being a kid and sneaking some frosting out of the fridge or making it with my mum and getting to lick the spatula after the cake was frosted. LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. 

I thought I had invented something. I was so stoked about sharing it with the world. Until one day, I was reading Facebook and saw a post about protein pudding! Apparently I did not invent this little thing. Oh well! 

My homemade yogurt is pretty thick before I strain it. It's more like the consistency of store bought Greek yogurt. If you're using store bought yogurt, I would use Greek and you'll end up getting pudding consistency. If you want frosting, you might try straining store bought Greek yogurt to see if you can thicken it up a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment