Thursday, January 1, 2015

21 Day Fix Day 4 Food


Day 4 Food

Today was New Year's Day and I had the day off from work. My husband also had the day off from work. This was a scary day. It was my first day on the 21 Day Fix where I didn't have structured breaks and a good solid plan of what I was going to eat. It was nice to mix things up a bit though. I know it's not that good to eat the same foods over and over again, but it's easier for me to make a plan for the week and when I find something that works, I get stuck in a rut since I don't really get bored with food that I like.

Breakfast - Shakeology with water (I do not recommend that, but it had to be done today or I would have gone over on my proteins), a fritatta with zucchini and red bell pepper, and a slice of toast with 1 tsp of peanut butter. 1-1/2 red, 1 green, 1 tsp

Lunch - Salad with half a chicken breast. It had a few raisins in it and homemade salad dressing with walnut oil. This was my first time using walnut oil and I like it so much better than the olive oil that I have. Winner Winner! 4 Green, 1 Orange, 1 Red

Snack - 2 hard boiled eggs and an apple. 1 Red, 2 purple

Dinner - 2 Cheeseburgers (no bun or condiments), stuffed red bell peppers with rice, red beans and corn. 2-1/2 Red, 1 Green, 3 Yellow. 1 Blue

Dessert - 5 tsps of peanut butter and homemade blueberry frozen yogurt. 5 tsps, 1 purple, and a smidge of red. 

Totals

Green  6 -  Purple 3 - Red 6 and a smidge - Yellow 4 - Blue 1 - Orange 1 - Teaspoons 6

I was a smidge over on my protein since I had raisins which aren't on the list of foods I can eat. I did learn that dried fruit medley is listed in the cheat foods so if I eat dried fruit, I'm supposed to short myself a yellow container and only eat enough to fill the orange container. I'm not too terribly worried about a few raisins though. I know over the course of the week, the month, and the year, all of these raisins could add up to a lot of calories, but seriously, I just don't care. I never intended to follow this plan exactly. I'm doing way better than I was and a few raisins aren't going to be the reason I don't lose weight. If it takes a few raisins to get me through the salad, I'm going to eat them. I'll probably switch back to grapes in my salad at some point, but for now, it's raisins and I'm okay with it. I was short on my fruit, and I was okay with that too. Fruit usually makes me hungry so while fruit is good for me, I probably shouldn't eat four servings of it in a day anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment