Monday, November 17, 2014

Review of Daily Burn Day 28: True Beginner Core 1

Day 28: True Beginner Core 1


Today wasn't really day 28, but I'm trying to keep each workout on it's own post and I'm behind in days, so I'm killing two birds with one stone. Today, I did two workouts. The first one was Strength and Cardio 1 and the second was Core 1. 

This followed the same format as the others. It had a timer ticking down the amount of time left in the workout in the lower right and a bar on the bottom that filled up as we did each move. When the bar was full, we moved onto another move.

We started off with some deep breathing stuff. We did some one leg stability exercises. There were several things involved in this one. First we lifted up one need and then set it down. We did that a few times. We also stretched it out forward and lifted it up and went back down a few times. We lifted it up to the side and down a few times and we lifted it up to the back and down a few times. We did it on each side. My balance is getting way better!!! 

Then we got down on the ground for the workout. We started off laying down on our back with our knees bent in front of us. We lifted a knee to our chest slowly and then put it down. We alternated a bit. Then we kept our knees bent in front of us while we were sitting up. We stuck our hands out in front of us and then leaned back and came back forward. We did that for awhile. Then we did a spinal twist. It's similar to a Roman Twist if you know what that is. you have your legs out in front of you with a slight bend. You press your hands together as you rotate your upper body to the left and then to the right. We did that for a bit. I think each one was about a minute. I really felt this in my quads more than my abs, but when I tried to go deeper into it like he said to do if you felt it in your thighs, I felt it in my hips and it hurt! 

Next we did the Bridge. I really like the Bridge, but this one was a bit intense for my and my legs start shaking! Then we moved on to Table Top Kick Backs. We were on our hands and knees and pushed one foot straight back. We held it and then brought it forward again and did the other side. Then we moved on to Fire Hydrants. It really bothered me calling this a fire hydrant. Pretending to be a dog peeing on a fire hydrant is just slightly disturbing. Okay, so you're on your hands and knees and you lift your leg out to the side with a bent knee. See, you're supposed to look like a dog peeing. He even mentions that. 

We went into the cool down which was a bit of child's pose and then some side stretching.

Overall, it was a good workout. I'm not sure how intense it was for my core, but it was a good workout.

BodyMedia Screen Shot

Here's the screen shot. Not very impressive, but who cares! Daily Burn thinks I burned way more calories than BodyMedia thinks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment