Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Review of Daily Burn Day 19: Release Lower Body

Day 19: Release Lower Body

More foam rolling and boy oh boy did I need it. I woke up to some very sore and very stiff muscles. I hurt all over my entire body. I should not hurt this much in this many places! I'm still trying to figure out if it was Kettlebells on Saturday or my walk/jog intervals on Sunday. I think it was from Sunday since I didn't hurt that much Sunday when I woke up. I hurt yesterday and it got worse today. I was seriously concerned that I was going to fall down when I got out of bed. Walking down the stairs at work today was quite scary and challenging! 

Okay so Release Lower Body. This was a 20 minute foam rolling workout. It focused on the lower body. Imagine that! We started off with a forward bend to feel where we were tight and to see how far we could bend. I was able to touch my toes. At some point during the forward bend, I realized that I was touching my toes! I've been touching my toes in this move for awhile now, but I never really realized that I had progressed to toe touching! 

Then we moved onto rolling a tennis ball under our feet. I love this move. I'm going to get one of those spiky laundry balls like my doctor suggested. I really love rolling the ball under my feet! After the feet rolling, we did another forward roll to see if rolling our feet helped loosen up our back. Apparently, foam rolling one spot can loosen up other parts of the body. Who knew!

Then we moved onto the glutes. I love the glute stuff! We started off with the roller and then we moved to using the ball. It felt so good with the ball! Oh baby! Then we moved to the piriformis. I've never even heard of this thing. It's apparently some tiny muscle in the gluteal area. I really liked this one! We did this with the roller and the ball. I just stayed with the roller though because it was already hurting so good. After that, we did the whole thing over on the other side. I really liked this, but I found it really annoying that she kept talking about the wrong leg. She was doing the leg she was talking about, but since the whole TV thing is reversed, the screen was showing the opposite leg than the one she was talking about. 

Then we moved to the hamstrings. This is an area where I need work in a bad bad way! It took some effort to find the right spots though. When she started talking about turning the feet out and in, it really started to work! 

Then we did the calves! Oh my calves were in need of this! They hurt so bad! After I finished with the video, I got out the tennis ball and went to town on my calves! When I was done, I got up and walked without pain! Although, I must admit that the pain creeped back over the course of the day. My calves are killing me right now. I'm hoping that tomorrow is a bit better. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do tomorrow for a workout. Unless a miracle happens, I'm just too sore to do much of anything. I don't think I've ever hurt in quite so many places ever. I'm normally okay with doing cardio through the pain, but my calves are just too sore for a Leslie Sansone workout. I might just take a rest day which would really suck since today was pretty much a rest day. My upper body might be to sore for form rolling. 

BodyMedia Screen Shot

Foam rolling isn't exactly a big calorie burn. 


No comments:

Post a Comment