Friday, October 24, 2014

Review of Daily Burn Kettlebells Day 7

Day 7: DBK2

Today was my Rest Day for PiYo, so I finished up my first week of Daily Burn Kettlebells. I'm a few days late doing Day 7. I should have done it on Tuesday. I thought doing Kettlebells and PiYo at the same time was possible, but it's not really all that feasible with my schedule. Getting in a one hour workout is doable, trying to cram more than that into a day is hard and trying to figure out what workouts to do on what days was just too taxing for my brain, so I left Kettlebells slip for a few days. Now that I've finished the first week and PiYo will be over in two days, I'll focus solely on Kettlebells starting Monday. 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE kettlebells! I really like the format of Daily Burn and I really like the instructor. He's low key, but still helpful. The other people doing the workout with him aren't annoying in anyway. Did I mention that I LOVE kettlebells? 

Today I did DBK2 using my 15 pound kettlebell. I made it through the entire workout with the 15 pounder. That made me really happy. I used the 10 pound bell the first time I did this workout and it was rough. I'm not really sure why I thought it would be a good idea to try the 15 pound bell this time, but I really wanted to. The pistol grip press thing was a bit hard and holding the bell up straight was hard during the kneeling windshield wiper thing, but I got through it and it felt great. I love love love doing the rows. I pretty much adore any back exercises that don't include back extensions. I'm not really sure why I love back stuff so much, but I just do. Back and bicep day was always my favorite at the gym. It could be because I'm good at them. I have strong biceps and as strong back. I can live decent weights with them, My chest and triceps are super wimpy. Leg day was good, but walking after leg day sucks. So there you have it.....I love back and bicep stuff because I'm good at them and because it doesn't really have a negative impact on the rest of my life. 

I'm so excited to make it through to the next set of DBK workouts! I know that I need to do DBK1 and DBK2 a few more times before moving on, but I really really don't want to wait! I just want to go do them tomorrow! I want to buy every kettlebell DVD there is! I want to go look up kettlebells on YouTube and do them right now while hubby watches TV! I wish I had done these sooner! Beachbody needs to make a kettlebell program so I can get a T-shirt!

BodyMedia Screen Shot

Here is my screen shot for the workout. It's not very impressive for the calorie burn, but whatever. I'm getting over the whole need to burn a bazillion calories. I had fun working out and that's what matters! 


No comments:

Post a Comment