Sunday, October 19, 2014

Review of Beachbody PiYo Day 48


Day 48: Drench

Today was Day 48 of PiYo which meant it was Drench AGAIN. I've made no secret of how I feel about Drench. I suck at it. I can't keep up and I fumble all over the place. Today wasn't much different. However, I just decided that I didn't care. I was going to work at getting lower on my lunges and the other moves in the Flow segment and I was going to do the best push up I've ever done even if it was just one. I still felt like I was going to pass out when moving from High Lunge to Warrior 2. I have no idea why this happens, and it didn't happen in the first few weeks of doing this workout. I only have this workout twice more before this round of PiYo is over so I don't really care about the why of it. 

I think I actually did worse in the Split Down Dog segment if that's even possible. I did get deeper in my lunges and I got deeper in my legs with the Flow segment so I was happy about that. I woke up the next day a little bit sore, but not much as far as the legs go. I know I worked out yesterday, but it's not pain really. My back is still a bit tight from DBK2

I thought that this workout had more push ups than it did. I didn't get to really work on my personal push up record. There were some push ups at the end, but not nearly as many as I thought there would be. I put a folded up blanket under my face. I then tried to go as low as I could. I didn't bother keeping up with the pace of the video. I just kept going down and trying to keep myself from falling on my face. I never got low enough before they were done. After the workout was over, I was determined to do a push up. I discovered that I'm not quite ready. Even with my legs really wide, I couldn't do it. I kept going down, but eventually my arms buckled and I went face first into the blanket. I'll keep working on it and by the end of the year, I'm determined to do a real push up on my toes!

One day and one week left of this round of PiYo! 

BodyMedia Screen Shots

Here is the screen shot for the workout. I got a whopping 20 minutes of total activity on there. After doing DBK1 and DBK2, I'm starting to think that Les Mills Combat just spoiled me in the activity minutes category. I was getting tons of minutes on that. PiYo and Kettlebells, not so much. I'm less disappointed with these results for Drench than I was at the beginning.


Want to Learn More? Watch the video

If you're interested in buying PiYo, make sure you buy it from a Coach so you get the extra DVD for free. If you don't have a coach, you can buy it through me at my Beachbody page




PiYo DEFINE YOURSELF

No comments:

Post a Comment