Friday, August 1, 2014

Shakeology Day 6


Shakeology Day 6

I'm almost done with my first week of Shakeology. It's only been six days, but I feel so much different. I used to nearly fall asleep on my drive home from work, but I haven't been like this week even though I've stayed up late three nights in a row. I'm starting to feel the lack of sleep right now, but it's 8PM, I've been up since four and after three days with less than six hours of sleep each, it's natural for me to be tired. 

I was a bit hungry today, which was unusual since I wasn't hungry all week. I wasn't ravenously hungry though. I didn't feel the need to raid my supply of graze.com snacks. I was a bit cranky today, but I don't think it had anything to do with the Shakeology. I'm due to be cranky.

I mixed the Shakeology in a shaker cup with 8 ounces of coconut milk. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but this stuff doesn't give me bellyaches like my previous protein powders have. I don't consider this a protein shake since it's so much more than just protein, but I did replace my protein shakes with Shakeology. I've been drinking it in the morning before work. In the past, I haven't been able to eat anything or drink anything other than water that early in the morning, but this stuff is working great. It really kills the hunger on my drive to work. 

When I got to work, I had three hard boiled eggs like I normally do. At my 9:30 AM break, I had an apple. At 11:30, I had my salad with turkey slices, raisins, spring mix, cucumber and homemade salad dressing. I really need to go back to adding shaved carrots, but I've been enjoying being able to finish my salad in my 30 minute lunch period! Adding the carrots back in runs me the risk of not finishing my salad! I didn't have any juice this afternoon and maybe that's part of the reason I'm tired right now! I did have some trail mix though. The bag is close to being empty and I'm not buying it again! Since I started eating it, I've noticed that I feel the need to eat it when I get stressed out at work. Fortunately for me, I have control in the morning when I pack my bag. :) For dinner I had left overs from last night. It was an odd little casserole. I cooked some ground turkey and then put a can of diced fire roasted tomatoes in it. I boiled up some summer veggies which included peas, green beans, squash and zucchini. There may have been more in it. I spooned that over some quinoa instant microwave packet thing and called it good. The plan was to make a shepherd's pie, but I didn't have the right veggies and potatoes didn't sound good over this stuff. Things went a little sideways after dinner. I went to get my frozen yogurt drops, but I couldn't find them in the freezer. Apparently, I put them in the fridge last night. They were too melted to eat, so I had some peanut butter and Hershey's syrup. Not the best plan, especially when I went back for more! I did stop there though. 

I can't wait to step on the scale Sunday morning to see my results after seven days of Shakeology! 

No comments:

Post a Comment