Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Review of Graze.com box 37!

What it is and why I get it

Graze.com is a mail order snack subscription service. The snacks are mailed out weekly or every other week or whatever personalized system you set up with them. I have one come every week and every fourth week, I get an extra box. There are four snacks in a box and five work days in a week. I need the fourth box so I can have a snack each work day. If you use my referral code, you can get your first and fifth boxes free. If you don't use a code, you just get one free box. My code is JAIMIE49P. I get $1.00 off my next box, or I can donate it to their farming school. I've donated all of my referral money so far. The company is relatively new, but they are continuing to grow and come up with new snacks and new options. When I started, I could only get one box, but then they added the option to get more boxes. They've added more snacks. They are working on doing a big box which would give you multiple servings per bag. It makes them less expensive, but I love the portion control and the variety of the little packs. 

The Packaging

The snacks come in rigid plastic containers with a peel away plastic film lid. They are wrapped up in a paperboard box. The top image changes. I've lost track of them all, but this one might be a new one. 


Lightly Salted Popping Corn

This is lightly salted popping corn. You have got to stand there and listen only to the sound of the popping corn! If you burn it, you'll be sorry! The boys at work know that once it starts slowing down, they better shut up or there will be hell to pay. They don't want to smell burned popcorn anymore than I want to eat burned popcorn. It's super yummy stuff too. I would take this over movie theater popcorn! It took forever to get this, but now I get it fairly often. It always makes me happy to see in in the box! It messes up my snack schedule though since I usually have my graze.com snack at 8am, but I don't have access to a microwave until 9:30AM. I got this in Box 34, Box 31, Box 25, Box 22 and Box 18. I marked it Love before I ever got it and I've left it Love ever since.    


Fruit & Seed Flapjack

This is a rustic rolled oat flapjack with mixed seeds and dried fruits. It's super yummy. I've Loved this from the start. This and the Summer Berry Flapjacks are my favorite. I am always thrilled when I get a flapjack and sad when I don't have one. I've talked about Trashing everything except flapjacks to see what happens. I've been told by the graze.com people that it's a bad idea because they wouldn't have enough flapjacks for everyone. I don't think me getting three extra flapjacks in one little box would hurt the world, but I'm too lazy to do all of the trashing and untrashing! I had this back in Box 33, Box 25, Box 20, Box 13, Box 8, and Box 2.    


The Big Cheese

This has cheese cashews, cheese croutons and salsa corn sticks. I really liked this snack, but it's getting trashed. I'm trying to get rid of processed foods and the cheese croutons and salsa corn sticks are processed. The long list of ingredients on the new Nutritional Facts card has chased me off. I was okay living in ignorant bliss until it was put in front of me where I couldn't avoid it. It was similar to me being okay with getting peanut butter filled pretzels at Trader Joe's because Trader Joe's wouldn't sell anything unhealthy. I don't think this product is unhealthy, but I've said I want to get rid of processed foods, so I need to make steps towards that. Trashing this is a step. I do Love this snack though. I thought I had gotten this more than just once, but apparently it was only in Box 18


Chocolate Pecan Pie

 This has chocolate fudge, dates and pecans. I'm not a huge fan of this snack and I haven't been from the start, but I've kept it coming. It's going away now. I'm not a huge fan of dates and I'm not a huge fan of pecans. I like the fudge pieces, but again with the processed food and the larger number of ingredients. I got this in Box 33, Box 28, Box 22 and Box 17.     


Nutrition Facts

Here is the nutrition fact sheet. The Big Cheese is the third one from the left. See how long that list is? I'm not saying it's unhealthy. It's just not in my plan right now. I will miss those cashews though. 


No comments:

Post a Comment