Friday, August 15, 2014

Review of Graze.com Box 35


What it is and why I get it

Graze.com is a mail order snack subscription service. If you give them $6.49, they give you four healthy, fun, yummy snacks. You get them every week or every two weeks or whatever you set up with them. I eat one each day at work so I get one box each week and an extra box every four weeks. I wish they were packaged with 5 in a box, but they aren't, so I work around it with the extra box. It's a major pet peeve of mine that so many things are packaged with four in a package when there are five work days in a week for most of us. It's some giant conspiracy to get me to buy more stuff or maybe the more logical answer is that it's easier to box up 4 of something than 5 of something, but I'm going with my conspiracy theory.

The snacks are portion controlled which is what I adore about them. If I were to buy a big bag of stuff like from NatureBox, I would have to portion them out. That involves measuring and using extra dishes. It also means that I have the chance to just go reach my hand in and have some extra. I can't do that with Graze.com snacks. 

You get your first box free when you sign up, but if you use a referral code, you get your first and fifth boxes free. If you use my referral code, I get a dollar that I can use towards a future box or I can donate it to their farming school. So far, I've donated them all to the farming school. My referral code is JAIMIE49P.

Brownie Flapjack

This is a rustic oat flapjack with brownie pieces. I wasn't a huge fan of this the first time I got it, but I decided to give it another try. I wasn't a huge fan this time either. I adore their flapjacks. They are tops on my list of favorite snacks, but the brownie pieces in this made it seem like it wasn't all wholesome and nutritious. They left my mouth feeling icky. It could be because I've really gotten away from the baked goods. I'm sure this is a fine flapjack. It's just not for me. Plus the list of ingredients seemed excessively long. I'm trying to get away from processed foods so I'm going to make this one as Trash. It kills me to see a flapjack go, but if this flapjack is keeping me from getting the Summer Berry Flapjack then it's time for this one to go. I got this back in Box 30. I love reading some of my older reviews. I said that I love the Summer Berry Flapjack more than I love Oxygen. Apparently I really like the summer berry flapjack.   


Tropical Daiquiri

This had green mango, lime raisins and pineapple. I had this back in Box 30 (weird that the first two snacks were also in the same box before!), Box 22, Box 16, Box 10, and Box 4. I marked it Love way back when and I've kept it Love. The green mango is just to die for! It's a good thing that I can't buy this stuff in a big bag. I would just sit there and eat it all day long!     


Pomodoro Rustichella

This is cheese croutons, tomato baguettes and tomato and herb almonds. I've gotten this snack a lot lately. I marked it as Like for the longest time, but moved it to Trash since I just kept getting it. I like the snack, but it was just coming too often. Oddly enough, I got this in Box 30 which makes three snacks so far from Box 30 that made it into Box 35. I also had this in Box 28, Box 24, Box 20, and Box 15. Okays so apparently it hasn't been coming as often as I thought, but it should still go just because of all of the processed bread type things in here. It's still a good snack made with fresh ingredients. I just need to get rid of processed foods.     


Hot Cross Yum

It's made of orange raisins, sponge pieces and cinnamon honey almonds. It really is quite yummy. I love raisins in general and those sponge pieces make me feel like I'm eating something I shouldn't. the cinnamon honey almonds are the best almonds EVER! Okay, I just talked about getting rid of processed foods and I trashed two items in this box partially over the processed foods, but you can't take away my sponge pieces. I won't let you! I didn't get this one in Box 30. It's the only snack from this Box that wasn't in Box 30, but I did get it in Box 24 which also had the Pomodoro Rustichella. I also got it in Box 18, Box 7 and Box 1. I wrote in Box 1 that I marked it Love, but I have it listed as Like now, so apparently I went from Love to Like on this one. This snack was the snack that made me realize that I didn't hate almonds. Going back to Box 1 made me feel like a dork though! I suggested that they add a Trail Mix snack because I love Trail Mix. Apparently they have one, but I don't like it and didn't remember eating it. Oopsy. It has hazelnuts and peanuts with skins. 


Nutritional Information

Here is the nutrition card. They changed it up a bit though. It used to fit on one section of the page. 


No comments:

Post a Comment