Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Review of Beachbody Les Mills Combat Day 58


What I did and why

Today was Day 58 of Les Mills Combat! I'm doing the warrior program so it was Power HIIT. I can't believe that I only have two workouts left! It feels like I just started in some ways but it also feels like it was years ago that I started. I'm so much stronger now than I was 58 days ago. I'm kind of surprised just how much strength I've gained in 58 days! I was dying in the first week doing this. After I was done, I sat on the couch and didn't want to move! It's weird though that I wasn't very sore in the beginning. Now I'm sore, but I'm getting through the workouts so much easier. 

Power HIIT

You can read a play by play of my first time doing this workout on Day 2 of Les Mills Combat. I still can't do the plyo lunges for this workout. I might never be able to do plyo lunges and I'm okay with that. I also still do the lunges going backwards instead of forward. I did them forward a few times in the beginning and I wouldn't be surprised if that's why my knee hasn't been quite right for awhile. The backward ones don't hurt my knees and I can still feel the burn.

I did the jumping sumo squats again today and I might be regretting that tomorrow. My legs are already getting sore. Normally DOMS doesn't kick in until the next day, but I can already feel it settling in. My leg muscles are getting tight and they are a bit tingly. I'm hoping I can walk tomorrow. I still have two workouts that I have to do so I can earn my T-shirt. I also plan on doing Combat Live 30 which is the free workout you get if you get Les Mills Combat through a Coach. If you'd like the free workout, please feel free to sign up for Beachbody.com through my coach page.  
Of the two HIIT workouts, I much prefer this one. It has a long section at the beginning with some weights and I like lifting weights. It still has burpees and mountain climbers, but it's not crazy crazy like Shock Plyo. Of the two, I would put this DVD in if I wasn't forced to by the calendar for the program. I probably would never put Shock Plyo in unless I had to. Shock Plyo is a great workout, but I like this one better.

BodyMedia Screen Shots

Here are my BodyMedia Screen shots. Starting tomorrow, I'll also have a heart rate monitor picture! I don't have the weblink thing so I can only take pics of the watch, but we'll see how it goes. If I like the HRM, I might get the weblink so I can see pretty charts and graphs! Woot Woot! Looking at my screen shots for the HIIT workouts always bums me out. The calorie burn just looks so low! I'm hoping the HRM shows something higher, but I also want to believe that my BodyMedia device is accurate. Oh I'm so torn!


No comments:

Post a Comment