Monday, August 11, 2014

Review of Beachbody Les Mills Combat Day 57


What I did and why

Today was Day 57 of Les Mills Combat! I only have three workouts left! Can you believe that? I'm having a hard time believing it! The day after rest day is always the best time to workout! I'm less sore and I'm less tired! I wasn't really in the mood for jumping today. Fortunately, this workout only has a couple of jumpy sections. 

Combat Live 60 Ultimate Warrior's Workout

Today was Combat Live 60. It's a "60 minute" workout. (It's really 52 minutes.) It's all about punching and kicking with some push ups and crunches at the end. You can read a full play by play of the workout from Day 40 when I did Les Mills Combat 60 Ultimate Warrior's Workout for the first time. 

The more I do this workout, the more sore I get doing it! I just keep putting more and more oompsh into my punches. When I started Les Mills Combat, I didn't really feel sore from the combat workouts. The HIIT workouts were killer, but it wasn't like TaeBo where my muscles were burning during the entire workout. That's one of the things that I really like about this program though. You don't do the same move over and over and over again until you're in agony and just can't go anymore. They do so many combinations and it just mixes stuff up. I'm getting a great workout and my muscles are getting stronger, but I can do it without the pain during the workout. I do get sore after workouts now, but that's a good thing. The lunges with the kicks and the side lunge thing is the only section where my muscles start burning to the point where I have to stop. I was hoping to get through that section today since it was my last time doing this workout. Oh well. That didn't happen. I have a heart rate monitor showing up tomorrow. I might have to do all of these workouts again to compare the calorie burn between my BodyMedia device and my Polar HRM. Maybe I'm not almost don with combat afterall!

Overall, I felt good about the workout. I kept up with them except in that one section. I'm super excited to have only three workouts between me and a free T-shirt! It's not about the T-shirt. It could be a sticker for my wall or something. It's about marking the completion of this 60 day challenge. I really didn't think I'd make it through it. I shouldn't jinx myself though. I could still fall down and break my hip before I'm done!

BodyMedia Screen Shots

The workout arc looks pretty similar to my first time doing the workout, but I have more minutes of vigorous activity, more minutes of total activity, more calories burned and more steps taken. I'm not sure why there are more steps taking, but there are. Maybe I did more pulsing I'm not sure. I just know I'm happy to see improvement. I'm getting so strong with my push ups on my knees! I can't wait to start my push ups on my toes!


Want to learn more?

No comments:

Post a Comment