Monday, July 7, 2014

Beachbody Les Mills Combat Day 22 Review

What I did and why

Today was Day 22 of Les Mills Combat. I'm doing the Warrior program so that meant that I did Combat 60 Extreme Cardio Fighter. I'm into week four now. So close to being halfway done! 

Extreme Cardio Fighter

This is a 60 minute workout, or that's what they call it. It's really only 54 minutes. It was my third time doing the DVD. I'm getting better at it. Today, I was a bit off though and seemed to miss the first reps with each move. My brain was just grasping what I was doing today. Once I got into the moves though, I was able to keep up with most of them. I still can't keep up with the punches with the scissor legs or the punches with the cross jacks. I'm at least doing the cross jacks and scissor legs correctly, but I just can't do them fast enough. It was pretty warm at my house today and even with the windows open to the 50 degree outside temperature and the fan going, I was just hot and miserable! I got through the whole workout though. Well......I skipped some of the push ups. There are just so many of them and even on my knees they are torture. I wasn't sore, but I felt weak. I always did each body part only once per week when I was doing weight lifting stuff. With this Les Mills stuff, I'm working my muscles almost daily instead of just once a week. There is so much leg work and so much shoulder work! I haven't been getting DOMS, but I'm not at my full strength. The rest days help, but since I hike on Sundays, that doesn't help. I can't give up hiking while I'm doing this. So many of the trails are only open from July through October. I don't have much time to get them all done!

BodyMedia Screen Shots

It's crazy to compare this workout to the last time I did it on Day 19 of Les Mills Combat. The workout arc doesn't even resemble the same workout! I have no idea what the big dip is in this one and I'm not sure what the dip in the beginning of the other one is. I got 2 extra calories on this one, but 1 minute less of vigorous activity. When compared to the first time I did Extreme Cardio Fighter, this one is more consistent than the workout in Day 19. It's so crazy how different they can look on different days. Next week, I get to do this workout twice! Tomorrow I have HIIT Plyo. UGH! I did that one on Saturday and decided that I just don't like it! I only have to do it 6 more times! I only get to do Extreme Cardio Fighter three more times! They introduce the live version in week 6 so I'll still have 60 minute workouts, but it won't be this one. 


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I found your review. I just got done with this EVIL workout. I hated every minute of it. I spent half the time just trying to figure out what I was supposed to be doing cause they go so fast. I love all the other workouts in the program. Just not this one!

    ReplyDelete