Friday, July 4, 2014

Beachbody Les Mills Combat Day 19

What I did and why

Today was Day 19 of Les Mills Combat! One more day and I'll be 1/3 of the way through this! Today was the Combat 60 Extreme Cardio Fighter. This was only my second time doing this workout.

Extreme Cardio Fighter

This was the 60 minute workout. Although, it's really only like 54 minutes. They talk about it being 60 minutes several times in the DVD, but it's not 60 minutes and it annoys me when they say it is! I feel like I got cheated out of 6 minutes! This workout has a lot of cardio stuff in it that has nothing combat related which is a bit annoying, but it's still a great workout. There are several segments where you run in place or do high knees. You can read more of a step by step of the workout on my first review of Extreme Cardio Fighter from earlier in the week. 

I was hoping that I would be able to keep up with them, but I couldn't. It was only my second time though, so I didn't beat myself up over it. They stacked the moves more on this one so it was a little bit harder. I'm still learning the moves! Now, the exciting part today was that I did scissor legs properly! I did cross jacks almost properly too. In previous workouts, I modified both of these pretty heavily. I didn't do the modification that they show, but I didn't do scissors or cross jacks. I can't explain what I did do, but it wasn't right. I was so excited about doing them that I didn't even realize how much they were really working my legs! My legs and glutes are sooooooooooooooooooo tingly! 

I'm pretty excited to do this one more and "master" it. I get to do it again on Monday! I'm pretty happy with my success so far in the 19 days. I'm getting stronger. I might not be losing crazy amounts of weight each week, but I'm not doing this for that. i'm doing this so I can get through the hikes that I want to do. Today, we went to the Dee Wright Observatory on the McKenzie Pass and I walked to the top of the observatory without stopping! I've been here a couple times before and I think I even went while I weight less than I do right now, but I've never made it to the top without stopping! I don't attribute that completely to this DVD system since I was working out back in January without it, but I'm pretty excited that I'm doing something right this time. The last time I tried to lose weight, I spent a lot of time on weights and not a lot of time on cardio. I walked on a treadmill and even did inclines and stuff, but I can do harder hikes now than I did when I was 20 pounds lighter. I remember loving lifting weights, but I think I need to stay on my current path. I know that muscle burns more calories than fat so weight lifting will help me lose more weight, but this plan is helping me live the life that I want to live! I'm actually looking forward to doing hikes with elevation because I'm so proud of the fact that I can do them!

I still hate the push ups and crunches at the end! 

BodyMedia Screen Shots

Here are my BodyMedia Screen shots. I burned more calories than I did on the previous workout! I also had more minutes of vigorous activity. That was probably because I did the jump kicks and because I did the scissor legs and cross jacks correctly! 


No comments:

Post a Comment