Friday, June 6, 2014

Leslie Sansone Walk Your Way Thing Walk off Even More Weight Workout Review


What I did and why

My workout plan for the week left today pretty flexible about what I could do. It was inventory week, and I had a graduation two hours away from home last night. I got home at 11:21 PM. I slept in until 5:00 AM. That is pretty shocking. I would have slept longer, but the alarm went off. This morning, I skipped working out. I thought about going for a walk during breaks at work, but that never happened. I ended up skipping lunch even. Lunch turned out to be a small sleeve of peanuts and two cheese sticks. It was supposed to be a giant salad with cucumbers, chicken and grapes. Oh well. I had two mystery shops to do after work, but they were supposed to be uber fast ones. The first one took over 30 minutes ugh. I finally got home and ate dinner. I then set out to do some editing since I didn't do that last night. Seven rolled around and I realized that I still hadn't worked out. Since I'm in that Facebook challenge to workout for 43 days, I thought I should get off my duff and do something. My foot was still sore though. I decided to do Leslie Sansone's Walk Your Way Thin Walk Off Even More Weight. I don't have the belt though, so this was sans belt. I doubt the belt would fit me even if I did have it. I opted to wear shoes to see if I could get through it without too much pain on my foot.

Equipment

She used the weighted belt, but I don't have it, so I didn't use it. 

The Warm Up

The walk started off pretty slow and she went through the four basic moves. The way she was talking, I thought this was going to be a slow workout. She usually does more instructional stuff when it's a slow workout. The fast ones she seems to assume we all know what we're doing. Although, with marching in place, side steps, front kicks and knee lifts, do we really need much explanation? If you didn't understand English, you could do this workout by just watching her. 

The Workout

After about six minutes the pace picked up a little, but I still felt like it was pretty slow. At some point though, the pace picked up again and maybe even another time. It was pretty fast there for a bit. It's been a bit since I've done any Leslie Sansone workouts, I felt like I was out of practice. Maybe it's because I normally workout in the morning. It could have been the addition of the shoes too or the fact that its blooming hot in my house right now! I even took my shirt off at one point. I was wearing sweatpants and didn't want them on either, but they weren't coming off that's for sure! 

Okay, so the workout does the four basic moves. She does a little bit of arm stuff, but it was at a pretty slow pace and didn't last long. There was some up, down, out and in movements. There was also the opposite hand going out during the kicks and then also touching our knees during knee lifts. Oh and I can't forget the hallelujah arms during the kick backs. The moves beyond the basics were tap outs(tapping your right leg out to the right and then bringing it in, then doing the left), kick backs (hamstring curls), double side steps, grapevines (double side steps, but on the center part you put one leg behind the other instead of just meeting in the middle), walking up two counts and back two, doing side steps forward for four counts and back for four counts and heels (tapping your heel out in front of you). There was a section of knee lifts where we started at singles and then went to doubles and then went to four knee lifts per side. 

The pace pretty quick or about 10 minutes, but then slowed down with about 9 minutes go to. She really dropped the pace quickly. 

The Cool Down and Stretch

The cool down started early on this one. The pace really slowed down without about 9 minutes to go. It was at the 1.5 mile mark. I was pretty surprised, but then I discovered that we were going to hit 2 miles before the cooldown/stretch. Sometimes she does that and sometimes she doesn't. The cool down was some side steps and mini squats. The stretch was a little deep breathing and then the standard calf/hamstring stretch where you plant one leg behind you and shift your weight forward. We held the stretch for what felt like an eternity and then we switched side. After that we did a little more deep breathing and we were done. 

Random Comments about the workout

I was not a fan of the editing in this. It was like someone had just mastered zooming and panning and they wanted everyone to know. With all of the zooming and panning, they managed to also get video of someone walking into a building across the street and all of the crew members in the mirrors around the studio. There were times where they were filming her through a rack of walk boosters. There's this rack in the room and there are ankle cuffs, walk belts, and stretching bands hanging on it. So the camera person is one one side and Leslie is on the other. It was pretty obnoxious. There was also a weighted belt just laying on the floor. I really wanted to pick it up and put it away. I kept thinking that at some point, she's going to pick it up to explain something about the belt, but she never did. It just sat there doing nothing for 33 minutes. She was alone in this DVD, but she was excessively talkative. She kept talking about how it was difficult to complete a sentence. She suggested that we try to talk and if we could talk easily, we should boost up the effort. She sounded fine to me. 

BodyMedia Screen Shots

Here are my BodyMedia screen shots. I think the weird dips are from me taking water breaks. I don't remember anything else that would explain it. While I'm walking, I'm swinging my arms, but when I stop for water, it's just my feet going. It was good to do another Leslie Sansone workout. 


No comments:

Post a Comment