Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Beachbody Les Mills Combat Day 9


What I did and why

Today was Day 9 of Les Mills Combat. It was Power HIIT today. It's a 30 minute HIIT workout. I personally don't really see how it's a HIIT workout, but what do I know. Yes there are moments of high intensity in it, but it just seems to lack the structure that most HIIT workouts seem to have.

Power HIIT

I did this back on Day 2 and you can read a step by step review of the DVD on my post about Day 2 of Les Mills Combat. Apparently, my first reaction to this DVD the first time was that it was insane. It didn't see as insane today, but I still did a lot of modifying. I did some of the jumping with the sumo squats, but I didn't do any of the plyometric lunges. I just did regular lunges. I modified the burpees like crazy. I also stayed on my knees for the push ups and the other stuff in the push up position. Those spider push ups are a bit insane. The workout went pretty fast. It's easier knowing what you'll have to do instead of trying to hold back to make sure you have enough in the gas tank to finish. My legs were pretty weak when I started this today. The hike  to Echo Basin on Sunday was fun and I'm glad I did it, but it probably wasn't the best idea to use my rest day to climb 800 feet up. I can't stop hiking though just because I decided to do this crazy 60 day program. My main reason for losing weight is so I can go to places like Echo Basin and take pictures. I love hiking and I won't give up a hike so I can do a workout in my living room. 

BodyMedia Screen Shots

Once again, the BodyMedia device things I'm just sitting around coasting while doing this workout. I only got 16 minutes of activity in a 30 minute workout. I really want that heart rate monitor. There are so many other things I want too though. Oooooooooooooooh decisions decisions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment