Monday, June 23, 2014

Beachbody Les Mills Combat Day 8


What I did and why

This morning was Day 8 for my Les Mills Combat Warrior program. It was Combat 30 today. This was my third time doing this workout. I was a little stiff from our hike to Echo Basin yesterday, but the other day I read an article about what fit people do to stay fit and one of them was to workout when they are sore. Well that's not really why I did it. I did it because I said I was going to do this 60 day program and I'm going to do the damn 60 day program if it kills me! I probably need to take my rest days a little more serious though. The hard part about living in Central Oregon is that all of the cool places to hike are in the mountains so you just gotta go when there's no snow. I should have done this 60 day program in the winter when I wouldn't have anywhere to hike on the weekends, but noooooooo I have to pick prime hiking season. 

Combat 30

I wrote a play by play of the workout on my first review of Combat 30. I will spare you the gory details and I'll save myself the time of typing all of that in again. Feel free to checkout the original post from Day 1 of Les Mills Combat. 

I'm able to keep up more with the people in the DVD. I'm learning the moves and not fumbling as much. This morning I opted to skip the jumping, but I did do the scissors and the cross jacks. Although, they were a bit modified. I didn't do the low intensity version that they show on the DVD, but I didn't do quite the full impact one that they do. This section was one of the ones where I wasn't keeping up with them at all. I was pretty good with the punching and the kicking. I felt behind in the sections where they string stuff together like several uppercuts and several hooks or something like that. I felt good about it and the workout went by pretty quickly. My legs were a bit stiff today, but I worked out the kinks and kept it going. 

BodyMedia Screen Shots

It's about what I expected based on my previous workout with this DVD, but that sharp drop off and small blip about 2/3 through is a bit odd. I will have to pay attention to what's in that section next time. They constantly talk about HIIT during these workouts, but I don't really see what I would expect from a HIIT workout on these. I'm not a personal trainer though so really, what do I know!


No comments:

Post a Comment