Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Leslie Sansone Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan Green Mile


What I picked and why

I picked the Green Mile in Leslie Sansone's Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan. I got this DVD back from the library so I could do each mile on its own. The first time I got this DVD, I did the walk plan as laid out by the DVD. You can read about that on my previous review. I picked the green mile first because I remembered liking it the most out of all the miles. I was glad that I had picked a one mile walk today because my glutes and hamstrings were killing me this morning! The workout from yesterday was intense!

The DVD lets you pick the prefab workouts that I did for my first review of this DVD or you can pick which sections you want to do. There are two annoying parts to this process. It gives you 10 slots, but there are 12 segments if you want to include the warm up and cool down, so if you want to do the entire DVD from start to finish, you'll have to select your workouts twice. The other annoying part is that once you make a selection, you can't see what you've selected. I wasn't so sure that I had hit the button hard enough and was concerned that I would only end up with the warm up and cool down. It did work though.

The Workout

I started off with the warm up. It was a basic warm up. She went over the four basic steps and got our blood flowing. 

The green mile started off with grapevines. She also did front kicks that lasted forever while stretching arms out in front. We did a few side steps, but not many. There were single knee lifts and then later in the workout single knee lifts that went to double knee lifts. There were two more sets of grapevines and both of them included a kickback on each end of the grapevine. There was another set of kicking, but it was much shorter. During one of the grapevine sets, she just rattled on and on about how walking makes your day better and you should walk before anything important. There was a section where we walked forward for two counts and then back two counts. After doing this for a bit, she had us go forward four counts and back four counts. She did this with a gait that was between a jog and a walk. The walk ended with us doing the four up and four back once again.

I was able to keep up with her this time, but I had a hard time finding time for water breaks. I like the walkers in this mile, and that's why I picked it as my first mile for this round of reviews. I liked the workout as well even though she just wouldn't shut up! The mile seemed shorter than the previous times that I have done this one, and that's probably because I only did a mile so I wasn't already tired from previous miles. I was sore though from yesterday's workout!

The cool down is pretty basic. It lasted about five minutes and consisted of the basic steps and walking forward and backwards. The stretch was short, but good.

BodyMedia Screen Shots

Here are my BodyMedia screen shots for the workout. It has a bit of a interesting arc. You can see where the pace picked up. These one mile workouts on this DVD do that. They each start off a bit slow and then pick up about halfway through. I was a bit surprised at how high my calories per minute got though since it didn't really feel like it was too intense. It didn't feel like 6 minutes of vigorous activity. 


No comments:

Post a Comment