Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Biggest Loser Sassy Chicken and a Zucchini Boat


The Biggest Loser Sassy Chicken

I made another The Biggest Loser recipe. This one came from The Biggest Loser Quick & Easy Cookbook. I was a little leery of this recipe since it involved cheese spread. I'm not a big fan of cheese spread. I adore cheese. I could make a meal of cheese. I could eat cheese for every meal and never get bored with cheese, but cheese spread is just not something I like. I'm trying to broaden my horizons though. I'm trying new things and keeping an open mind. This recipe was super easy to make. It basically  involved throwing some marinara sauce into a baking dish, tossing some chicken in and spreading some cheese sauce on top of the chicken. I'm not sure who came up with the idea, but I wasn't a fan. My husband said he liked it, but there was too much cheese spread. I think any cheese spread is too much cheese spread to be putting on my chicken. I think I'll stick with mozzarella cheese on my baked chicken thank you very much. 

Zucchini Boat

I got this recipe from Yummly. I made it because we had some zucchini that needed to be used up. I didn't do the full recipe since we only had two zucchinis to use up and I didn't think these would reheat well. I really need to put more thought into picking my sides and my main dishes. I'm running into problems where the food that I pick isn't being cooked at the same temperature or they don't work well being made at the same time due to cooking times. I'm not the best chef in he world, but I'm working on figuring this stuff out. I have usually stuck to casserole type dishes in the past. It's easy to make a casserole. You don't need to sync anything since it all goes into one big dish. Anyway.......I ended up cooking these in my counter top convection oven. I burned them. You can tell in the picture just how badly I burned my wee little zucchini boats. My husband said that he liked it, but I thought the zucchini was really bitter. I liked the filling, but the zucchini itself was icky. I didn't finish the zucchini, but I did finish the stuffing. I'm not doing so well with the picking of my recipes. Maybe the next one will go better. You can check out the book below on Amazon. There have been a few other recipes that I've made from the book.


Other Recipes that I have made from this cookbook...



No comments:

Post a Comment