Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Biggest Loser Pineapple Teriyaki Pork Chops and Carrot Fries


I made this on Monday, but I've been too busy to post it. What you see here is The Biggest Loser Pineapple Teriyaki Pork ChopsThe Biggest Loser Carrot Fries (a little burned) and some green beans out of a can. I have a hard time deciding on what sides go well with a main dish. I picked the pork chops as my main dish, but forgot to come up with a side. I thought about making rice, but I didn't want to wait for it to cook. I decided to use up some of my carrots and make carrot fries. I've tried the carrot fries a few times, but I've yet to get them crispy. This time, I made the pieces a little bit smaller. Apparently, that was a bad idea because I burned them pretty good. We still managed to eat them though. 

The pork chops were pretty easy to make, but I never did get my pineapple browned. They still tasted good though. I have never used a broiler until I made these. The recipe said to broil the pork chops for two minutes before flipping them. After two minutes, they still looked raw, so I put them in for another couple minutes. I then flipped them over and put the sauce and pineapple on them. Then under the broiler they went. The receipt said to broil them for another 5 minutes. i did that, but the pineapple was not browned so back under the broiler they went. I checked on them a few more times, but still no browning. I finally gave up once all the teriyaki sauce had melted off of the tops of the pork chops and started burning on the tinfoil surrounding the chops. 

The flavor was good, but it wasn't a strong teriyaki flavor since most of the sauce had melted off of the pork chops. I discovered that I don't hate pineapple. Even though this wasn't a complete success, I still consider it a success since I moved a food from the Don't Like It column into the Don't Dislike It column. I wouldn't say that I like pineapple, but I don't dislike it anymore. I will try to make these again since they were super easy, but I will probably do things a little differently next time. Maybe put the pineapple on the baking sheet from the start and then wait to put the sauce onto the pork chops until the pineapple has browned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment