Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Biggest Loser Chili Meatloaf


I found this Chili Meatloaf recipe in The Biggest Loser Quick & Easy Cookbook Simply Delicious Low-Calorie Recipes to Make in a Snap. I made it on Sunday night, but hadn't had time to post it. I don't know that I would agree that this was something that could be made in a snap, but it was easy. The recipe had six ingredients, and one of those is the olive oil spray for the pan, so that might not count as an ingredient. 

I had a 2 pound package of ground beef, so I made a double batch. Once again, I've learned how important it is to read the entire recipe before starting. I read that you used an 8" x 8" round or square pan, and looked at my bowl of meat and didn't understand why I was supposed to need two pans since it didn't look like my two pounds of meat was going to fill even one pan. You form the meat into a log that's 8" long by about 3" wide. Once I discovered that, it all made a lot more sense! 

The recipe said that it would take 17 to 22 minutes, but mine cooked for nearly twice that long. I'm starting to think that my oven is messed up. I might have to invest in an oven thermometer. 

My husband and I both enjoyed the meatloaf. We had it for dinner the night that I cooked it and the next night. My husband had it for lunches for a couple of days as well. 

The portion size seemed pretty small, but it's still a 1/4 pound of beef. We were limited on side dishes, so I whipped up some instant mashed potatoes and green beans. The instant potatoes weren't the healthiest idea, but I only ate one serving. 

I would definitely make this dish again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment