Sunday, March 9, 2014

Status Update

I've been posting all of my workout stuff lately, but I haven't given you all an update on the weight loss. After I lost the initial six pounds, I hit a bit of a slump. I ended up gaining a few pounds and got pretty bummed out about it. My nutrition at that point wasn't stellar, and I knew I was holding onto some water weight. I wasn't willing to admit that I had gained weight, so I tried guzzling as much water as I could to try and flush out the excess water. I managed to get rid of those extra pounds and then actually lost a few extra pounds. I'm now down 10 pounds since starting the blog and 12 pounds total.



I'm pretty nervous though about the coming week. Yesterday was my birthday and my diet pretty much went out the window. Friday night, we had Papa Murphy's pizza. We got the thin crust, but I still ate half of a large pizza. That was over 1,000 calories in one meal and I was still hungry! It went downhill from there. Saturday morning, my husband surprised me with cake for breakfast. We then went to Black Bear diner in Bend, OR. I ordered off of the small size menu and got a ham and cheese omelette with whole wheat toast and fruit. I didn't eat all of the fruit though because apparently, I just don't like cantaloupe or honeydew melon. I also had two pieces of my husband's bacon.



Once we got home, I ate a couple Pepperidge Farms cookies. They were soft and yummy! My whole eating schedule was messed up though because we had a late breakfast and we had early dinner plans with my in-laws to celebrate my birthday and my husband's birthday. I skipped lunch and had a bowl of corn chips. They were salty and crunchy and oooooooooo so good. I love salty crunchy snacks!



Once we got to their house, I was pretty happy to see what appeared to be a nice healthy dinner. We had pot roast, potatoes, carrots and green beans. The green beans were cooked with bacon, so more fat there. The potatoes and carrots were super yummy so I'm sure they were loaded with the drippings from the pot roast. The food tasted great, but who knows how many calories I consumed. I did keep the beef portion pretty small though. Then the cake came out. It was a green and red velvet mix with a cool whip topping that had pudding and some other ingredients in it. The cake was good, but my stomach started to hurt about five minutes after I was done. By the time we got home, I wanted to throw up. 



Once we got home again, I was hungry again. Sugar has a way of making me hungry. You know the joke about Chinese food leaving you hungry again in 20 minutes? Well that's how sugar is with me. Real sugar or fake sugar has the same impact. Fruit isn't so bad though, but if it's really sweet fruit, it will do the same thing. I didn't feel like cooking anything so I grabbed a couple pieces of cheese. More fat in my life. Yeehaw.



I feel a lot better this morning, but my nutrition hasn't started out any better than it has been for the past three days. Breakfast was this insane concoction of calories that tasted pretty yummy. My husband found the recipe on Facebook. it involves a layer of eggs and sausage topped with refrigerated biscuit dough. Tonight's dinner plans should be pretty healthy though. I've got a The Biggest Loser dinner planned that includes pork chops. I'm not sure what the side dish is yet though. I suppose I should start making plans. I was thinking of instant mashed potatoes. That's not the healthiest plan, but after the weekend I've had, are instant mashed potatoes really going to do any additional damage?



Weight: 305
Shirt Size - Mens 3x
Pants Size - Mens 46 waist. They are snug, but I don't have to suck in my gut to zip them anymore!

(The pictures are from a trip back to Massachusetts back in 2011.)

No comments:

Post a Comment