Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Walk Away the Pounds 5-Day Fit Walk - Leslie Sansone Power Mile



This morning, I woke up inspired to do one of the routines on the same DVD that I used yesterday. This blog is inspiring me to work out since, if I don't work out, I don't have anything to write about! Score 1 for the blog!

I chose the second 1 mile routine on the DVD. This one was titled Leslie Sansone Power Mile. It starts off similar to routine from yesterday. There are only three people in this routine. Leslie Sansone is front and center, and behind her, there are two other women. Leslie introduced that as two of her walk leaders. The set was a little distracting because there were a bunch of lines on the floor that kept messing with my eyes at first, but I got used to it.

The begins with brief introduction from Leslie Sansone. She then has you march in place to warm things up. She rotates between marching in place and the other three basic moves which are side steps, kicks and knee lifts. Once you're warmed up, the music picks up and you move faster. She incorporates the weighted balls in this routine just like the one I did yesterday. I still don't have the weighted balls, so I just did it without them. Once you have the balls you work your arms. You will either lift them over your head, stretch them out to your sides, or do bicep curls. The bicep curls are done while you're doing kick backs.

This routine didn't have any indicator of your progress like the one yesterday. I found that a bit annoying, but fortunately, I had looked at the time before I started, so I knew about how far I had gone. Once again, I found myself huffing and puffing while watching the people on the screen just breezing through this routine without being out of breath at all. Once the music slowed down a little bit, you actually plant your feet and do these mini squats where you shift your weight from one leg to the other. Then you do a quick cool down

Leslie talked during the entire routine again, but this time I tried to remember what she talked about. It was mainly inspirational stuff and letting you know that it was okay to modify things and go back to marching if you needed to. She also talked about how to make it more challenging by squatting down a little bit while doing side steps and kickbacks to engage more muscles. The routine was filmed with two cameras. One of them was at the front and the other was to the right and up higher. There were several parts of the routine where Leslie was talking to the camera that was up and to the right, but she was shown through the front camera so it looked like she was talking to someone off the stage. It was a bit annoying, but I was breathing too heavy to really care too much.

I have two screen shots below because I finally remembered to trigger the workout section of the BodyMedia device. I will talk more about that in another post. The tallest blip to the left, is the workout. The rest is walking around the office.


No comments:

Post a Comment