Sunday, January 10, 2016

Update on Hammer & Chisel


What's going on with my Hammer & Chisel Round? 

It's been a couple weeks since I made a post about Hammer & Chisel, so some of you may be wondering what's going on with it. Well, just before Christmas I got sick. I haven't been this sick in a long time! I originally thought that I was just experiencing a reaction to the new guy at work. He's a smoker and I can't be around smoke, but as time went on, I realized that I truly was sick. I had a horrible cold. I haven't worked out since the day before Christmas Eve. I'm still a little congested, but I'm doing much better now and plan on working out again starting tomorrow. I'm not sure yet if it will be Hammer & Chisel. I might take a week to do something less intense so I can get back on track with my nutrition and see how my breathing goes with working out. I don't want to over do it too early. I don't want to fail at another attempt at Hammer & Chisel. I'm not upset about not completing the round since it's only because I got sick. If I had just decided to stop doing it because I didn't want to do the work, that would be one thing, but I got sick. I'm smart enough to know that you shouldn't work out to an intense program like this while sick. My body needed to rest so I did. However, I am a bit bothered by how bad my nutrition went during those two weeks. I pretty much gave myself a complete pass on nutrition. I ate ice cream, chocolate and all kinds of carbs! Eeeeeeek. I need to get back on track with the nutrition and fast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment