Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Zen Labs Couch to 5K C25K Week 4 Day 2


Week 4 Day 2

The second day of the week is always better because I've already learned that I can do what I thought I couldn't do. Hubby went with me this morning and walked the track while I did my walk/run intervals. My calves weren't hurting as bad as they did on Monday and I had not problems getting through the five minute sections. I'm still nervous about the 8 minute sections next week and the crazy 20 minute one on Friday! I'm 275 pounds! How am I supposed to run for 20 minutes! My coping method has been to run slower, but I honestly don't think I can run any slower than I'm currently running. I have a very short stride right now and my legs are barely moving! The weird part about the speed though is that while running on a treadmill at 4 MPH, I felt like my legs were flying, but at 4MPH on the track, I feel like I'm not even moving. I ran for 16 minutes total(which putting it in terms like that, makes me think maybe I can run for 20 minutes. It's only four more minutes total than today!),  and my husband walked the entire time, but I only did one more lap than him. It took me until the end of my third running interval to catch up to him and he was doing the outer loop of the track while I did the inner loop of the track. That's how crazy slow I was going! We'll see how it goes! Below is the heart rate/speed/elevation chart from my Polar M400. I love this little gadget! One of these days, I'll get around to writing something up about it. 


1 comment:

  1. Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. Couch to 5k

    ReplyDelete