Monday, December 29, 2014

21 Day Fix Day 1 Food


Day 1 Food

I thought about taking pictures of all of my food that I eat during the 21 Day Fix, but that is just too time consuming right now and doing this nutrition plan is taking enough of my brain power so no pictures of food. For those of you tat don't know about the 21 Day Fix, I'll give you a brief synopsis. It's a workout program and nutrition plan all wrapped up into one program. It's a great concept really. The workouts are 30 minutes each. You do one a day for 21 days straight. There are no rest days. It's based on the whole concept of it takes 21 days to form a habit. The nutrition plan is based on these containers. You can overeat on healthy food so you have these containers to help you stay within the correct calorie budget without counting calories or doing a lot of work. You get the containers and a Shakeology Shaker Cup with the kit, but I didn't get the shaker cup in the picture for some silly reason. 

Each container is for a different type of food. 
Green - Vegetables (and the fruits we think of as vegetables)
Purple - Fruit
Red - Protein
Yellow - Grains
Blue - Nuts and cheese
Orange- Seeds, peanuts and olives
Teaspoons (not pictured since you don't get an actual teaspoon with the kit) - Oils and nut butters

I weigh 268 pounds so based on the math in the book, I get more containers than anyone! YAY!

6 Green
4 Purple
6 Red
4 Yellow
1 Blue
1 Orange
6 Teaspoons

What I ate today

Breakfast - Shakeology with plain homemade yogurt - 2 Red 

Snack - Graze.com snack called Tutti Fruiti this is technically a cheat on this diet since dried fruit isn't listed in any of the fruits, but I don't care. I'm not giving up my graze.com snacks. People might die.
Snack - Apple and two hard boiled eggs - 1 red 2 Purple (it was a big apple)

Lunch - Salad with turkey, a few raisins, and my homemade salad dressing. 3 green (I didn't actually measure them, but I think it was 3), 1 orange, 2 red. The raisins were a cheat as well, but it wasn't even a full serving and it makes the salad edible.

Snack - 2 banana, oatmeal, raising cookies, cashews and my green juice. The banana, oatmeal cookies are actually in the book as a cheat meal, but they have chocolate chips in theirs and I used raisins. I know that raisins aren't part of the meal plan, but again, it was such a small amount of them that I'm not going to sweat it. So 1-1/2 Purple, 1 Yellow, 1 Blue, 3 Green (I'm not sure how to figure out juice on this diet, but I'm going with 16 ounces of juiced vegetables has to count for at least three green)

Dinner - Chicken Breast and Rice with beans, corn and diced tomatoes. 2 Red, 3 yellow and I'm not going to worry about where the tomatoes fall into play. The chicken breast put me over on my containers too because I thought I got 7 red so I put 2 red in my lunch. I was wrong.

Dessert - Homemade Blueberry Frozen Yogurt and 6 teaspoons of peanut butter. 1/2 purple and a smidge of a red.

Totals

Green 6 -  Purple 4 - Red 7 and a smidge - Yellow 4 - Blue 1- Orange 1 - Teaspoons 6

I'm one over on my Red and I ate raisins and my graze.com snack that aren't part of the diet. I could consider this a failure and get all in an uproar and give up on the whole diet, or I can consider it a step in the right direction. I thought about eating one of the Lindor truffles that are on the counter, but I didn't. I thought about grabbing some cheddar cheese out of the fridge, but I didn't. I say, this was a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment