Thursday, August 7, 2014

Review of Beachbody Les Mills Combat Day 53


What I did and why

Today was Day 53 of Les Mills Combat! I only have a week left! That's insane! I'm still a little freaked out about what I'm going to do when it's over. I know I need a few low key days to just let my body recover. Up until this week, I've had two rest days each week, but this workout program has really kicked my butt. I'm actually more sore now than I was in the first few workouts. At least, I think I am. I don't remember being very sore in the beginning. I do remember the weird circles of pain near my shoulder blades after doing Combat 45 for the first time and I'm sure my legs got sore at some point, but this week, I can feel it in my chest and shoulders big time. My abs are feeling it too. I'm not in pain really, but my muscles feel weak and my muscles are all tingly. 

Power HIIT

Today was Power HIIT. It's a 30 minute High Intensity Interval Training workout. There's a lot of jumping around and a lot of lunges and squats! UGH! You can read a play by play of the workout on my Day 2 review of Les Mills Combat. I didn't do any of the jumping today. I kicked my legs back for the burpees, but that's not really jumping. I was still trying to be kind to my foot/ankle since it was sore yesterday. It wasn't too bad today. I still feel like a wimp for not moving up to higher dumbbells for the shoulder section of this workout. I didn't bump up for a couple reasons. The biggest one was the money. The weights are such a small part of this whole program that it seemed wrong to go spend $20.00 on a set of 8 pound weights. I knew I couldn't handle the 10s, but the 8s wouldn't last long so then I'd be spending another $20 on 10s shortly after that. Since the weights are only in three short segments, it just didn't seem necessary. If this program was all about the weights, I would have upgraded. I'm doing PiYo soon and there are no weights for that. 

Okay, so the workout today.....I didn't hate it. I like the weight lifting section the best. I'm not a fan of the burpees! My boobs just don't do nice things during burpees. I promise to buy a better bra as soon as payday rolls around! Although, PiYo might not require another bra. There's no jumping! Woot Woot! I did the push ups on my knees, but I was pretty stretched out for it and I went down far enough that m boobs hit the floor. I felt good during them. I didn't have to take a break. I feel like I'll definitely be able to slam out one whole push up on my toes when this is over. I may never be able to say the word toes without hearing Dan's voice. It's funny how certain words are like that. I can't hear modify without hearing Leslie Sansone's voice. 

I do this workout one more time before I'm done!

BodyMedia Screen Shots

Here are my BodyMedia screen shots for the workout. I'm not sure that this workout arc even looks like the same workout I did back on my first day doing it. I have three extra minutes of activity on this one, but on the previous one, I had a minute of vigorous activity that I didn't have them. I really want a heart rate monitor for workouts like this! I'm so getting one before I start PiYo. I just need to decide which one and it has to be one that BestBuy sells. 


Want to Learn More?

No comments:

Post a Comment