Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Review of Beachbody Les Mills Combat Day 52


What I did and why


Today was Day 52 of Les Mills Combat! I woke up 20 minute late and my foot/ankle hurt. What a perfect day to say, "Too bad so sad, but I'm not working out today!" I couldn't do that though. I've come to far to give up. I was willing to risk getting to work late, but I was not going to give up. I did make a concession though while doing the workout. I wasn't going to do any scissor legs, cross jacks, decoys or anything else that involved jumping. I took a shorter shower and worked harder at getting my bag packed. I made it to work almost on time, which is pretty normal for days that I wake up on time.

Combat Live 60 Ultimate Warrior's Workout

Today was Combat Live 60 Ultimate Warrior's Workout. I really like this workout. It's always a tossup between this and the 45 minute Combat workout. Since I had to modify some stuff today, this wasn't as fun as Combat 45. I did really feel this in my shoulders today though. I don't normally have to shake out my shoulders, but I did this time!

The section with the lunges and the kicks still gets me! I can't get through that section without stopping. I only have one shot left at trying to do it without stopping. I'm not so sure I'll make it, but at least it's after a rest day! Speaking of rest days. I don't get one tomorrow. I'm okay with that, but it would have been nice to give my foot/ankle a little time to recover. I'll survive though! I will finish this program if I have to finish it on crutches! 

It felt really weird to not do the scissors and the decoys. It was good though because I like the section after the second time we do the decoys, but I'm always so out of breath, I miss the first few seconds of it while I'm chugging water. They don't do the triple elbow thing for long. I don't get many reps in normally, but today, I did them all! Woot Woot! 

I can't really think of anything else to day about the workout. WOW. I've run out of words! That's so not normal.

BodyMedia Screen Shots

Here they are....My BodyMedia screen shots. It's not all that impressive. I'm supposed to be building on my performance, but I feel like this went backwards. I was trying to give it my all while still protecting my ankle/foot as much as I could. I was pretty proud of my push ups today. They were on my knees, but I really stretched out for them and I went pretty dang deep. I'm really looking forward to trying a real push up. I might even have my husband take a video of me doing it just so I can see it. Maybe with him watching me, I'll get that extra shot of adrenaline. You know how some people can move cars on their own when someone is trapped under them? Maybe the same will apply to me an push ups. I don't want to make this big show of it and have him tape me and then not actually succeed with the push up. How embarrassing would that be. Yeesh.

Want to learn more about Les Mills Combat?

No comments:

Post a Comment