Thursday, July 3, 2014

Beachboday Les Mills Combat Day 18 Review


What I did and why

Today was a REST DAY! I love Thursdays. I almost hope to never be done with Les Mills Combat so I can keep having my Thursday rest day! I set my alarm for an hour later and I make sure to take melatonin before bed. I slept allllllllllll night long! The BodyMedia device doesn't agree, but I swear that the longer and harder I sleep the more screwed up it is. It says I slept like 5 and a half hours last night, but I'm pretty confident that I got over 7. I woke up a couple times to visit the bathroom, but I didn't toss and turn and I don't remember laying there contemplating what I would do at work the next day. I slept great! I was still pretty dang tired by mid afternoon, but it was pretty dang hot. Anyway......Rest Day is great! I only get 4 more Thursday rest days. The last two 10 days or so of the program don't have Thursday rest days. I still get Sunday for rest though. I'm feeling like these rest days might actually be helping me with my weight loss. I was getting pretty skimpy in the losing department. My diet hasn't really changed since starting Les Mills and I'm not exercising more with it. I was still doing a mix of 30 minute, 45 minute and 60 minute workouts. Most of my workouts before Les Mills actually seemed to burn more calories too, but I didn't really take rest days. Maybe rest really is the missing link! Maybe it's the melatonin too. You shouldn't start two new things in close proximity to each other. You'll never know which of the two things is what sparked the change. It could be one or the other or both. I'll never know! What I know is that I shouldn't be losing weight this week, but I am. It's not a lot, but considering I should be gaining weight this week, any lose is amazing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment