Monday, June 16, 2014

Trapped in a Fat Chicks 60 Minute Step and Walking Workout

What I did and why

I'm actually writing this on Monday night even thought it's about what happened on Sunday. Sunday turned into a such a long evening that I didn't have time to write anything. Well that and I really wanted to watch Jericho on Netflix. Okay, so the plan was to go on a hike. I picked a hike from one of our hiking books and we set out on our way. We found the road and followed it all the way until it was washed out and we couldn't go anymore. We were too far from the trailhead for either of us to want to do this. So we BACKED UP DOWN A MOUNTAIN! There was no place to turn around. It was madness. My husband is a good driver though and we didn't fall off. Then we decided to try another hike that was further down the road. Apparently I didn't read the entire driving directions. The hike was only .7 miles one way. So 1.4 miles round trip. The miserable dirt road to get there was like 13 miles. It would have taken longer to drive to it than to actually do the walk. So we ditched that idea after like seven miles or so on this HORRIBLE road! My husband decided that we could try for a hike on the way back. However, the rain was moving faster than we were and by the time we got there it was pouring down rain. When we got home, we started watching Appalachian Trail videos and I started blogging. Time slipped away from me and it was like 4:30 and I hadn't workout. Due to my obsession with finishing what I started, I had to do some form of exercise because I was in a Facebook group challenge to be active for 43 days. I took out the step and started stepping. 


The workout

I set my BodyMedia workout tab to 60 minutes of activity. I'm not really sure what possessed me to do that, but I felt like the last time I did my own step routine, I set the timer too short and I didn't get enough of a sweat on. 

I started off my just doing a normal step up and step down. I also did side steps up and over the step and back again. I even got creative and went over the step to the front and then went back and front again. I stepped for about 15 minutes and then snagged some water. Then I walked for five minutes. I marked in place moving my arms fast like with Jessica Smith's 10 minute interval walk. I did some side stepping while pushing my arms out and pulling them back just like in that video too. After above five minutes I got back on the step. I stepped for another 10 or 15 minutes doing the same stuff that I had done before. Then it was time for another water break. Then another five minutes or so of walking then back on the step. Another water break and some walking and I was done. I jogged a little bit during one of my intervals. It was pretty much a nice little free for all. 

I'm pretty proud of myself for getting up and working out even though I didn't have access to the TV for a workout DVD or a YouTube workout. I wanted to watch Jericho so I couldn't go for a walk outside. I got my workout in and got an episode of Jericho all while burning over 600 calories! Apparently TV isn't making us all fat. It's the couch! As long as I'm on my step, I can watch as much TV as I want! 

BodyMedia Screen Shots

Here are my BodyMedia Screen shots! It's not the prettiest workout arc out there, but it's over 600 calories that I wouldn't have burned had I not gotten up off the coach!


No comments:

Post a Comment