Sunday, June 1, 2014

June 1, 2014 Update

Refresher on what I had planned

I had planned on doing Jessica Smith's Thin in 10 exercise plan Tuesday through Friday. I didn't have a set plan for the weekend, but I committed to at least 20 minutes of exercise each day. I was hoping for a hike, but wasn't really sure what was going to happen.


How did I do?

I'm pretty impressed with myself after this week. Well, impressed with my ability to stick to the plan. Not really impressed with the lack of weight loss, but that will come I suppose. I managed to Jessica Smith's Thin in 10 exercise plan Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Feel free to click on the days of the week to see what I did that day and how it went. 




I didn't really think that I would have any problems getting through the Monday through Friday part. I'm pretty good about things during the week. I fall apart on the weekend though, so here's where you should be impressed. We had a graduation party to go to on Saturday. That's a good excuse to say to heck with the diet and exercise plan. The party was two hours from my house, so that was four hours in the car plus the time at the party. I searched through all of our hiking books and I found a short, flat hike that was between us and the party! We were going to do the hike after the party, but when we found out that the party was two hours later than we thought, we left early and did the hike before the party. It was supposed to be a 1 mile out and 1 mile back, but it turned into 2.7 miles round trip. You can read about our hike to the Head of Jack Creek to find out more specific details. 



It gets even better. We didn't have snacks with us which was my fault and not very smart. I knew that I needed to eat before the party. My husband stopped at a grocery store so we could grab something from the deli, but all they had was fried food. I said NO to fried food! I ate a Fiber One bar and hoped for the best. I thought for sure that I would park near a bowl of chips at the party and chow down, but I was just trying to get through the day. I didn't eat a single thing at the party! No chips, no pretzels, no cake, no cookies, NOTHING! Woot Woot.



It continues to get better. After the party, we went to Shari's for dinner. It's like Denny's if you've never heard of Shari's. I immediately looked for the "healthy" section. It was intermingled with the unhealthy stuff, but I picked the turkey burger without any condiments and grapes. I did swap out the bread to get a pretzel bun. I'm no saint you know! The burger was pretty yummy. With the regular bun and the avocado, it was 570 calories. I skipped the avocado and got the pretzel bun, so I'm not sure how many calories I ended up with, but I doubt that it could have been more than 100 to 200 calories more. I could have gotten a 1050 calorie beef burger with 350 calorie fries. So even if I had 770 calories, It was still pretty dang close to half of what I would have eaten before.



You might think that it couldn't get better, but really it does. On Sunday we didn't really have plans. My husband sucked it up and went on another hike. It was actually a two part hike. We went to Lava Butte and then Benham Falls! Neither of these was long or strenuous, but we didn't need long or strenuous. We just needed to get up off of the couch and do something. 



After the hikes though, things got a little sideways. We didn't plan very well and we needed to eat. We still needed to do groceries too. We thought about going out to eat. My husband was super awesome and said we could look for a Subway so I could have something reasonably healthy. We weren't sure where to find one where we were at. We could have Googled it on the phone, but we decided if we really needed to go to Walmart for groceries or if we could just get away with something at Ray's. Walmart is way cheaper, but Ray's is closer to home and less obnoxious to deal with. We decided that we could skip Walmart and go to Ray's. We decided to get food at the deli so we didn't have to cook. I got rotisserie chicken, but we also go jojos. For those of you not familiar with jojos, they are giant steak fries with a batter on them. It's not thick, but it's definitely not health food. I ate 1/4 pound of them! I know I shouldn't have, but I really wanted them. I'm now of the mindset that I need to eat things when I want to eat them. I can't be perfect all of the time. I need to splurge sometimes. Otherwise, I'll end up going on a major bender! While I'm being all honest, I also had ice cream. It was one of those really small Haagen Dasz cups. It's 220 calories, but back in the day, I would have eating a giant bowl and poured chocolate syrup on it so that would have been like 800 calories or maybe even more. 


Current Stats

Weight - 293
Total Weight Loss - 24 pounds
I forgot to check my Body Fat % again. Ugh
Pants - Mens 44 comfortably, but I'm still wearing the 46s since I don't have any 44s after ripping the inner seam of the last pair
Shirt - 3x is comfortable, but I can get away with wearing 2x


My Plan for the Week

I need to finish up the last three days of Jessica Smith's Thin in 10 exercise plan. That will get me to Wednesday. We have a graduation two hours from home on Thursday and I have inventory on Friday. I can't commit to any sort of plan for Thursday or Friday. I'm hoping that we go for a hike on Saturday and possibly Sunday, but hubby has a new shift at work, so he might need the weekend to recoup from the week. If he's not in the mood for a hike, I'll be sure to do something even if it means pulling out the step while we watch TV. I really hope that I can get some exercise in on Thursday and Friday though. I'm doing a 43 day challenge with a Facebook group and by then we'll be on day 27 or something. I don't want to fail on this challenge! 


The pictures are from our trip to Black Butte our first summer in Central Oregon. This can be a difficult hike for people who are in shape. It's two miles uphill. Some parts are pretty steep. We made it to the top. I was about 20 pounds lighter then and in better shape than I am now, but I still made it to the top of Black Butte when I weighed 270ish pounds. That's pretty amazing. I'm looking forward to dropping all of this weight and getting up there again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment