Saturday, June 21, 2014

Beachbody Les Mills Combat Day 6 Review

What I did and why

Today was Day 6 for Les Mills Combat. I'm doing the Warrior program so it was Combat 30 again today. 

Combat 30

This was my second time doing this workout. The first time was on Day 1 of my Les Mills Combat 60 day program. I liked this workout the first time I did it and I liked it this time as well. After yesterday's workout, I was getting pretty down on this program. I felt like I wasn't strong enough or fit enough to do it. I thought about giving up after the full week an trying it again later after losing more weight. I think the DVDs are great and I'm sure they're very effective, but I had to modify so much yesterday that I was wondering if it was worth doing. I was thinking that maybe something else would burn more calories and I could go back to this later. This program is like doing leg day every day for three days getting one day off and hen doing it again for two days with one day off. I wonder if I'm doing more harm than good but not really giving my legs time to heal themselves. This was all going through my head yesterday.

Today, I did Combat 30 and was reminded of how much I love punching and kicking! I was able to keep up with them better this time. There were segments where I was behind. Those were mainly in the punching and scissor kick section. I kept going though even though I couldn't keep up. The 30 minutes actually went by pretty fast. I was sweating like crazy doing this! I was out of breath and groaning through most of it, but I did like it. I love martial arts workouts! I feel better after doing this one. My glutes are pretty tingly again and I woke up with sore glutes this morning from yesterday's workout. I'm going to give this another week and see if I like the HIIT stuff any better. Oh!!!!! Exciting news! I did the jump kicks. They weren't pretty, but there was lift involved. I didn't get very far and I think my lead leg was on the ground before my kicking leg actually performed the kick, but whatever. I jumped. :)

BodyMedia Screen Shots

Here are my BodyMedia screen shots for the workout. I actually had a couple calories less than this than the last time even though I felt like it would be higher. Although, the last time I did it, I had done the Basics DVD before it so I was already warmed up to start. I'll be doing this one again on Monday so I'll get a better idea of things. I'm also not 100% convinced that the Bluetooth connection between the device and my phone was working correctly since at the top of the screen it told me to push the button on the device to connect. We'll see what Monday brings! I'm excited to try the 60 minute DVD. I have 2 workouts left to try. They are both 60 minutes. One is a studio version and one is a live version. I think it's still a couple weeks before I get to do those. 

No comments:

Post a Comment