Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Graze.com box 9

I finished another graze.com box. I love these boxes! They send four snack sized packs once a week or less frequently if that's what you want. They've added something too where you can buy a one off box or get a second box subscription going. I have a second box that will come every other week. I got tired of running out of snacks! The boxes are $6.00 each and that includes shipping. That puts themat $1.25 per snack. It's not that much more than a king sized candy bar and these are way better for you than that. It's priced right around Lara Bars at Trader Joes. The people who work for the company are really awesome too. They always write something corny and hilarious in response to my Twitter posts. I highly recommend checking them out. You don't need an invite code anymore from what I can tell, but if you have one, you'll get the first and fifth boxes free. You can use Jaimie49P if you'd like. I'll get $1.00 off of one box if you do.

Here is the environmentally friendly packaging. The other side has the address label and a note saying to flip the box over before opening it so you don't make a mess. 

Here is the inside of the box. The top section has a few different variations. 


This is Rock the Casbah. Apparently, I've been spelling Casbah wrong my whole life. This one has pumpkin seeds, walnuts and dates. The ingredients were fresh. The pumpkin seeds and the walnuts were tasty. The dates were just okay for me. It was kind of like eating a Lara Bar. There's a certain nothingness about the dates. Since I liked the seeds and the nuts, I'm going to mark this as Like and give it another chance. I don't like to leave things as Try because then I lose track of if I've actually tried them. It gets one more shot before I trash it. The size was a good snack size, and the combination of ingredients was good. 


Next we have Chocolate Orange. It had roasted hazelnuts, orange infused raisins and dark chocolate buttons. I'm not a huge fan of hazelnuts, but I did like this one. There was a good mix of ingredients, but it was a little heavy on the hazelnuts. I love the flavored raisins. I'm not really sure why the flavored raisins in a lot of these instead of using dried oranges though. Maybe that's too expensive or they don't keep well. I've never tried to dry an orange. The chocolate pieces were yummy. I marked this one as Like. I'm still not sold on the hazelnuts and I'm trying to decide if I really should be eating the chocolate pieces in my quest to lose weight. 


This is Little Figgy Went to Market. I love the names of these things! This had dried apples, cranberries and dried figs dusted with rice flour.I'm not normally a fan of the dried apples, but they were good in this one. They seem to do better when they have berries with them. This had a good mix of ingredients and was a good snack size. I'm not sold on the figs yet. They tasted like they were of good quality, but there wasn't a lot of flavor to them. Maybe that's normal for a fig. For those of you who haven't eaten a fig before or a fig Newton, there's a bit of a grittyness to them. They must be loaded with seeds because it's kinda like eating a strawberry with a ton of seeds on it. I marked it as Like to give it another go. I did enjoy the snack overall. I'm just not in love with it yet. 


This is the Vanilla Seeds. I saved this for last because I wasn't looking forward to it. I'm not a seed fan. I think I have trashed every seed mix since I've gotten the boxes. They just aren't convenient food to eat while sitting at my desk. I took this to the break room so I could take my time and eat it with a spoon. I was very surprised that I actually liked this. It's got pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds that are vanilla flavored. It really was flavorful. Then I got back to my desk and looked up the ingredients to discover that they have added sugar. I'm going to Trash this simply because of the 10 grams of sugar that I'm pretty sure all came from added sugar since I don't think sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds have any natural sugars in them. I could be wrong though. If I'm wrong, and most of this isn't added sugar, I'm totally moving this to Love. They were very yummy. It was a good snack size. 


Here is the nutritional content that I obviously didn't read before eating the Vanilla Seeds. I can't wait until my next box shows up. I don't have a graze.com snack for tomorrow at work. I'm pretty bummed about that! I've gotten quite attached to these things and I cheated so I know I have a flapjack coming! Those flapjacks are YUMMY!


No comments:

Post a Comment