Monday, January 27, 2014

Sleep

Last night, I was soooooo very tired before bed. Normally, it takes me forever to fall asleep. My mind just spins. Some of the things that I think about are stuff that need to happen at work, bills I need to pay and things I want to do with the blog. There are plenty of other things I think about, and normally one thing spins into another. Sometimes, I can listen to my husband's breathing and try to breathe at the same time as him. If I can focus on that long enough, I can fall asleep. I have learned that if I read in bed, I can shut my brain off. Eventually, my eyes will fry and I'll fall asleep. However, I don't always stay asleep. Often times, I'll wake up at around 1:00 AM and my mind starts racing again.It drives me nuts.

Last night, I didn't have to read or focus on my husband's breathing. I just laid there and fell asleep. I didn't even wake up before my alarm clock. I don't even remember hearing my alarm clock. I remember having a dream about my alarm clock. I then woke up and looked at my alarm clock. It was 4:30 AM, which is the time that it should have gone off. It also had the telltale red dot that shows up when I hit the wrong button to shut it off. One day, I might actually figure out which button causes the red dot.

I was so excited to get up to look at my BodyMedia device to see a really big block of text with a really high sleep efficiency. I knew for sure that I would get both. I don't remember waking up at all. I was pretty shocked and disappointed when I actually got it synced up and saw the following chart.


I know that the device isn't 100% accurate, and I'm okay with that, but I never got out of bed last night so why is there a big white stripe in my sleep pattern. I was also quite shocked by the big chuck of gray around 1:00 AM and the two gray stripes around the white stripe. I'm still excited though. I still have large chucks of sleep in there. Below is a screen shot of a more normal sleep pattern for me. 



I'm happy to know that I can over work my body during the day in order to get a better night's sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment