Tuesday, March 2, 2021

iFit New York City Walking Tour Rockefeller Center Walk New York City, New York - Jack Palitz

Today is Tuesday. I did this walk yesterday. It was supposed to be the last one, but I did it third. I had missed one and added it to the end. I didn't want to do it third and then have to reschedule this one. However, that didn't work out so well for me for two reasons. This was longer than I remembered so I was late getting to work. Oopsy! I also ended up having to reschedule the third one again because I set it for today and then ended up doing something differnet for today. 

Okay so this was another one of the iFit New York City Walking Tour walks with Jack Palitz. He's an interesting guy and talks about interesting things about New York. The streets were a bit busier than the other two walks that I did. This was at night and it was Christmas time so there were a lot of tourists. It was so pretty with all the lights! I think this guy needs a TV show like Anthony Bourdain or someone like that. He doesn't talk about food, but he has so much knowledge about the area and he's very personable. I like these because it's just a guy walking the streets of New York. No one cares about form or speed or inspiring me to move. He just talks the entire way and provides interesting facts about the area. One of the tidbits was about why they called a certain street the channel. He also talked about 5th Avenue being the middle between the east and the west. No one wanted to live on the waterfront which is not normal, but that's what it was like in New York. He also talked about a hotel that had the windows designed so people couldn't look down and see the red light district activity. Oh and there was a apartment complex for rich people that has an escape tunnel that used to be used during prohibition. 

I only have one walk left in this series and I'm a bit bummed to be done with it since he really is a fun guy. I was able to do this without modifications. I didn't have anything fall asleep or hurt too terribly badly. I've also been using my rolling stuff and my torture device of nails so my back has been doing a little bit better. I totally slacked off of that for awhile. Anyway, not much else to say here. 

My Walk

No comments:

Post a Comment