Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Leslie Sansone Just Walk Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan Wednesday

What I picked and Why

I'm on day 3 of my Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan. Today was a one mile with legs for the targeted toning. I've only got two more days of this walk plan. You can read about my Monday walk and my Tuesday walk as well. Two more days and then the DVD has to go back to the library. I'm going to get it again though since I have more plans for this DVD. I have enough thoughts on things to do with it that I should just buy it, but right now I just don't have any money so the extra plans will just wait. 

Equipment

You don't equipment with this walk. There are no walk boosters and no boosted walking.

The Workout

The Warmup

This is the same warm up for each day. It's about four minutes long and covers all of the four basic moves. There is one brief arm exercise with the arms going up over the head at a slow pace. 

The Red Mile

Wednesday is the Red Mile. This mile was in the 3 Mile on Monday, but not the 4 Mile on Tuesday. I liked this mile. It's a pretty normal Leslie Sansone Mile. You've got the four basic steps and a lot of kicking. She also did walk three steps and tap on the fourth. Once we were in the groove doing those on their own, she had has move to the left and right while doing it. There was also side steps moving forward four counts and backwards two counts. I think there were some double side steps in the mix too. There was a new to me arm move which involved lifting the arms up over the head, pulling them down to shoulder height, moving them out, then back then down, then back to shoulder height to go back out and in before going back up over the head to repeat the whole thing. This one was taxing on my wee little brain. I forgetting the out after the down. It doesn't matter though because as long as you're moving, you're burning calories! This one also had the boxer bounce weight shift thing with some punching. I'm not a fan of the boxer bounce weight shift thing, but it didn't involve jumping jacks so I got over it. I liked this mile.

The Cool Down

The cool down lasted about fourish minutes. It's a lot of slow walking, side steps, front kicks, knee lifts and walking up two counts and back two counts. Once your breathing is back to normal, she has you do some stretches for the legs. The stretching is pretty brief.

Legs

The targeted toning was for the legs. I knew that this would involve squats and lunges and I almost decided to skip it. I just wasn't in the mood for squats. I figured that I had to do it though otherwise my integrity would be toast. I said that I was going to do this thing as planned out by her and by golly, I'm going to do it! I was right about the squats and lunges. We did about for minutes of squats and lunges! I thought she would do the stationary ones where you hold the position and just go down and up, but nope, she had to do the ones where you step back. At least hat's better than the stepping forward ones. It started with alternating stepping back. Then it went to stepping back with just the one side. Then we did squats. After a few squats we did the pulsing squats where you stay down and then come up just an inch or so before going back down. After that, we went back to the stepping back lunges on one side and then did a squat to that side. After we did a bunch of those, we walked for a few seconds and switched to the other wise. She congratulated me on doing the routine and the workout ended. No more stretching for the legs. I thought that was a bit odd, but whatever. I got through squats and lunges!

BodyMedia Screen Shots

Here are my BodyMedia Screen Shots for the workout. I liked the nice arc of this workout. There were a couple spikes, but for the most part, it went up gradually and came down gradually. Those little spikes at the very end are me doing the squats and lunges. Oh how I love squats and lunges. NOT!





No comments:

Post a Comment